Social Science Things that please me - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Was unaware thanksgiving was so big in Canada.. i honestly assumed it was just the states..

Yep. They have their own thing in the US about Pilgrims etc. Basically just a change of season celebration in Canada. It’s one of my favourite times of year. Most of the fun stuff of Christmas without the stress.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then homesick thing in AFL is weird. Don’t see it much in any other sport.

AFL players are soft utensils. South American players travel thousands of k's across the globe to play in Europe and Asia. AFL player moves from Melbourne to Sydney "waah I miss my mummy"

ah happy times

just off phone to foxtel.
my previous deal i had for last 6 months (which was $30 off my full monthly cost of $92) recently expired – so i just rang and they gave me $25 off for 12 months plus $10 off (free HD) for first 6 of those 12 months. so 6 months of $35 a month off (making it $57 a month) and then 6 months of $25 off a month (making it $67 a month).
plus 5 free box office movies with a 12 month expiry on that.

pretty happy with that

dont mind paying about $2 a day for what I get in entertainment, footy ad-free, footy shows etc.

Maybe. I was thinking of what I see over here mostly. Not a thing much at all in North American sport.
AFL players are sheltered. In the US, you have players more than happy to play in Detroit and Baltimore yet AFL players can't play in Adelaide because it's too much of a shithole. Don't nominate for the draft of a national competition if you can't handle being away from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back