Social Science Things that please me - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to be honest I don't really see the point, though I always liked lime which some people think is silly.

Returned an external hard drive on the weekend, 2 and a half years into a 3 year warranty. Last time I returned something to Jb Hi Fi I had to argue the point so was prepared for a punch on. Not only did I get a new HD on the spot, I got a new warranty for another 3 years and got 44 dollars refunded as the new HD was cheaper, remarkable!

The girl was young and hot and oh so friendly, pretty sure she just wanted the D.

Did you wipe the pr0n first?

ok this is the greatest individual song ever recorded. bar none. you cannot nominate anything better. what makes it so great, the meaning is one thing, but the huge grand scope of it all as a music, all the instruments, styles, genres, all mixed into one song. its like an everlasting anthem, like "smells like teen spirit" etc, but far grander. as always, must listen to it on a loop for ages, youll never get bored and pick up more subtleties. if you dont agree you can go * yourself.

Pleasing to see a neighbour of mine is doing well.

was back in Adelaide last weekend. took my mate I was staying with out for lunch on sunday, got a parmi each (his was a surf and turf parmi), a beer each and a garlic bread to share for $31!

(admittedly we used a 2 for 1 voucher, but even with that the whole thing would have only cost $50)

It pleases me that book binders are a thing. I've never had a book bound and probably will never need to, but I like hearing that niche old professions still exist.

You can get a colorbond fence or brick wall knocked up in no time, but I wonder how many people still do quality tuck pointing and wrought iron. Probably costs a mint these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ouch, the nostalgia feels.

It's still behind Empire Records in my book.

Empire records another classic.

What did you use instead?

Fold a thick kitchen sponge in half. Put that in a glass. And

wait.

I texted the now 34 year old women who I took to see this at the cinema in Slough when she was 14 when I read this.

Did you say "you won't guess what. Peternorf just posted about American Pie on bigfooty! Remember when....."

The Book Grocer in Melbourne. 10 awesome books for my PhD for under a hundred bucks. But why is there about 5 of them within a block of each other? And are there other Book Grocers in other states or is this a Melbourne thing?

Book Grocer exists in NSW, ACT and SA also. Says me who just Googled what the feck Book Grocer is.

WA doesn't have books. We engrave stone tablets that we dig out of the ground.

Queensland isn't up to stone tablets yet.

Bloody young hotties trying to curry favour with me by giving me great customer service.

I'm on a diet so went down to get some chocolate sundaes at Mackers last night but got made some frappes instead. When I pointed out the error they apologised profusely, made the sundaes, gave them to me, refunded the full amount that i paid and then also offered me the frappes to take as well.

When you got it you got it

biDFHU0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back