Social Science Things that please me - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t sure where to put this but this thread seemed the best place. A friend of a friend committed suicide and his funeral was today. I didn’t know the guy at all but a group of us met with the friend today and discussed things like depression and general stress of life. I don’t think I’ve had a conversation like that with guys in my almost 40 years. That’s the thing that pleased me. I think men are more in tune with things like this now.

Anyway, just wanted to say that a lot of people are good and will offer an ear and listen without judgment. Hell, be anonymous and talk on here.

Wasn’t sure where to put this but this thread seemed the best place. A friend of a friend committed suicide and his funeral was today. I didn’t know the guy at all but a group of us met with the friend today and discussed things like depression and general stress of life. I don’t think I’ve had a conversation like that with guys in my almost 40 years. That’s the thing that pleased me. I think men are more in tune with things like this now.

Anyway, just wanted to say that a lot of people are good and will offer an ear and listen without judgment. Hell, be anonymous and talk on here.

The neg stigma associated with speaking out as a man has all but extinguished. It's now commonplace for men to talk it over.

By coincidence alone, I came across the Wikipedia page for this film, starring the insanely hot actress Amber Heard (former partner of Johnny Depp):
[Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrup_(film)]
51csxyQDZkL._SY445_.jpg

As it turns out, the screenplay was adapted from an Australian novel, written by BigFooty's own Final Siren (creator of The Squiggle)

Call me callous but I can't help laughing my arse off when I see Lady Gaga falling off that stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting busted by the neighbour down the local yesty arvo, immediately she asked "is this a stealth mission? Should I not tell your wife I saw you down here?" My missus knew but props to neighbour for thinking.

so u and neighbour got dirty?

Getting busted by the neighbour down the local yesty arvo, immediately she asked "is this a stealth mission? Should I not tell your wife I saw you down here?" My missus knew but props to neighbour for thinking.
This sounds like the start to a documentary I watched online last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back