Social Science Things that please me - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep. I met the little thing once two days before accident. Their kid (5 years old) was distraught. Makes me sad

Yep I went through that when I was 11. Cat Sam got hit by a car- I found her- very traumatic but at least I got a day off school. :thumbsu:

Bonkers IMHO, but people are paying those prices as well

* me.

Back in the day, crossbred dogs were called mongrels and were practically given away. Purebred dogs with pedigree were the expensive ones.

And you spend $7500 and get a free 2kg bag of dog food. Whoop de s**t. That's like buying an apartment for $750,000 and being given a $900 JB Hifi voucher.

Mind you, if people are stupid enough to pay that kind of dough, breeders will be stupid enough to take it off them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does registration work for cross-breeds? I thought Dogs NSW wouldn't touch people who breed designer crosses.

I don't think they recognise cross breeds for show dog purposes

Breeders are required to be registered with local councils and comply with certain requirements so most on semi rural properties etc

fu** me.

Back in the day, crossbred dogs were called mongrels and were practically given away. Purebred dogs with pedigree were the expensive ones.

And you spend $7500 and get a free 2kg bag of dog food. Whoop de sh*t. That's like buying an apartment for $750,000 and being given a $900 JB Hifi voucher.

Mind you, if people are stupid enough to pay that kind of dough, breeders will be stupid enough to take it off them.

Tell me more about this JB HiFi voucher....

Can you bring your doggie to the meet up please Syd

/gets dognapping equipment ready to then onsell the dog for 5k

Edited Daughter out for obv reasons, but this is 'Bella'
Joining us next Friday at 8-weeks old (cat will not be happy)

1614211506431.png

Pet Insurance already in place

I don't think they recognise cross breeds for show dog purposes

Breeders are required to be registered with local councils and comply with certain requirements so most on semi rural properties etc

They've been trying to clamp down on suburban puppy farms for years. This sort of return on "cross" breeds has got to make that hard.

I'm guessing the breeder won't be doing too many more good deals after that on-seller

They've been trying to clamp down on suburban puppy farms for years. This sort of return on "cross" breeds has got to make that hard.

I'm guessing the breeder won't be doing too many more good deals after that on-seller

The other side to that is the impact of Covid and demand has gone through the roof

Next door has a Ruby Red female bought last February for $ 3,500 from large Pet Store\Chain

By April Pet Stores were asking $ 4,500 for the same dog, by June it was up to $ 6,500

Around that time some breeders started selling direct but doing the whole 9-yards with health guarantees, microchipping into your name etc. Sold to Pet Stores at the higher price too so they whacked prices up even further.

It's been an interesting year in that regards

Edited Daughter out for obv reasons, but this is 'Bella'
Joining us next Friday at 8-weeks old (cat will not be happy)

View attachment 1064738

Pet Insurance already in place
Just caught an infomercial with dr harry was a pisser. Had a kelpie on was going nuts trying to run off set lmao

/about pet insurance

we have a couple pet stores in our local shopping centre but they dont sell any animals anymore

Petbarn has usually large stores and all types of pets
Cats\Kittens usually sourced from RSPCA

Have large pet grooming baths and employees to do same if you're not a self service person

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back