Things that please me - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We got upgraded from premium economy to business class on a MEL > LA flight back when V Australia was quite new, so we weren't loyal customers or anything. They didn't even tell us we'd been upgraded, they were just profusely apologising that their pyjama supplier hadn't delivered and we wouldn't be getting our pyjamas - we were just like "ummm sure" (thinking that we didn't realise premium economy people got pj's), then they directed us to the lounge, then we looked at our tickets and walked fast in case they'd made a mistake :hushed:

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
I drove around Australia in a Ford Escape about ten years ago. I just put the back seat down and there was heaps of room. I didn't need to pay either as I just pulled up in one of those roadside places,

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
We went on holidays as a kid where we often just stayed in tents because we had little money, I still remember them being very enjoyable. Far better than sitting at home and going nowhere because you can't afford a hotel room.

I don't get the point of caravans though, like Scotland said I'd prefer just one or the other.

We went on holidays as a kid where we often just stayed in tents because we had little money, I still remember them being very enjoyable. Far better than sitting at home and going nowhere because you can't afford a hotel room.

I don't get the point of caravans though, like Scotland said I'd prefer just one or the other.
After camping around Europe for six months I swore I'd never camp again. But ten years later was persuaded to join a friend at Hattah Lakes, camping over Easter. It was 40 degrees every day, no showers, a drop toilet, and the lake was about 2 feet deep and dark brown. But we had the BEST time, a laugh a minute. (Haven't camped since though... ;) )

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
First in the Masters division in a same sex pairs crossfit competition.
20210503_093833.jpg

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Did you make it up before sunrise? Coming down was harder than going up when I did it.
it actually wasnt to climb, just happened to be the caravan park/ camp site that was chosen by some friends.
i still havent gone up the mountain - it was closed last time i checked due to wet weather and rockslides. but i plan to do it in dry season this year

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
it actually wasnt to climb, just happened to be the caravan park/ camp site that was chosen by some friends.
i still havent gone up the mountain - it was closed last time i checked due to wet weather and rockslides. but i plan to do it in dry season this year
It's a great view and I highly recommend Mavis's Kitchen for lunch after.

Part 3 can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back