Things that please me - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like the Sri Lankan family held prisoner on Xmas Island might be released. Only took a 4 year old AUSTRALIAN BORN child nearly dying to get something done. Both sides of parliament in this country should hang their heads in shame.

think it’s more to do with making headlines in America and the UK and having the cheek to give a speech on Chinas human rights at G7 - guy is a total *******

I hope it happens. It has been an utterly disgusting performance from parliament and a damning indictment of ideology over humanity, compassion and common sense.

Hate to say it but Euro countries that have been invaded by hundreds of thousands of economic refugees are holding Australia up as an example, Denmark has just passed a law allowing them to send all asylum seekers to camps in Rwanda for processing.

EU nations shouldn't be using Australia as an example for anything, regardless of whether they have pinko lefty govts or are Poland.

We are a large, sparsely populated island in the middle of nowhere. We have freedom of movement with NZ, but even then it's a 3 hour flight and you need a passport. Three hours is enough time to drive from Germany to France via Netherlands and Belgium. People live in one country and work in another. Anyway, NZ have such a tiny refugee intake (Cindy believes in hugs, but not so much immigration) that we are unlikely to be flooded by <insert group here> using NZ as an intermediate step.

The problem EU nations face is that they are (theoretically) one in all in. You can't really be tough on border on control when you only have an air border.

A reply from another thread from Deliverance triggered a memory from the weekend that gave me a lol.

I happened to be browsing for "prestige car rentals" - mostly for deluded and pointless reasons. And one of the sites had sub pages for each car type that showed where their cars had been used in social media photographs around the traps.

And it was almost entirely made up of insta-influencers using the cars as props whilst mugging for the camera.

It was funny. "Prestige Car Rentals: Not just for High School Reunions any more!" 😜 🤣

Last edited:
I reply from another thread from Deliverance triggered a memory from the weekend that gave me a lol.

I happened to be browsing for "prestige car rentals" - mostly for deluded and pointless reasons. And one of the sites had sub pages for each car type that showed where their cars had been used in social media photographs around the traps.

And it was almost entirely made up of insta-influencers using the cars as props whilst mugging for the camera.

It was funny. "Prestige Car Rentals: Not just for High School Reunions any more!" 😜 🤣

Sounds like the Sri Lankan family held prisoner on Xmas Island might be released. Only took a 4 year old AUSTRALIAN BORN child nearly dying to get something done. Both sides of parliament in this country should hang their heads in shame.
They will have to find genuine grounds to stay (daughter's country of birth is not one of them). Is it correct that the father has been back and forth to Sri Lanka a number of times? We all feel sorry for displaced people but should we continually be making exceptions? (No doubt I would like an exception to be made for me.) The government is charged with maintaining the integrity of our borders, they can do no less. The slowness of the process is a concern but that's because there are so many avenues of appeal - WHICH HAVE TO BE TESTED BY THE LAW.

You can gag about the Family Guy skin colour meme but that's pretty much how our immigration has system worked for the last eight years.

im against immigration from anywhere, i dont care what your skin colour is.

australias soils and seas are among the most nutrient poor and unproductive in the world, and is the driest inhabited continent on earth. we already have hungry, poor, sick and underprivileged people here. opening our borders to hundreds of thousands of immigrants is the exact last thing we should be doing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Craving a food and it being just as good as you remember. I had a cheesymite scroll a couple of weeks ago and ever since then, I have had a craving for a Vegemite and cheese toasted sandwich. I finally got around to making said toastie and it was ******* fantastic.

Craving a food and it being just as good as you remember. I had a cheesymite scroll a couple of weeks ago and ever since then, I have had a craving for a Vegemite and cheese toasted sandwich. I finally got around to making said toastie and it was ******* fantastic.
There's a now twenty something lady in England that still eats cheese and Vegemite sandwiches thanks to me living with her folks and making her school lunches. Inshallah the freshly minted free trade agreement will make it easier for her to get it.

Rochester_Ginger_original_1046x1553_4cbc2628-042f-4a7d-b4e1-25a5ad514d82.jpg

There's a now twenty something lady in England that still eats cheese and Vegemite sandwiches thanks to me living with her folks and making her school lunches. Inshallah the freshly minted free trade agreement will make it easier for her to get it.

They stopped exporting it here. There is like a black-market trade in Whistler amongst Aussies now. I ordered a dozen jars from the UK.

I still have these fairy often, our bakery does a great sourdough loaf, cheddar cheese butter and Vegemite, great stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back