Things that please you

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact that the Commonwealth Games have both able bodied and para happening at the same time.
It's funny. I did a subject when I was at Uni based around sports with disabilities, and we had a guest speaker, can't remember his name but he was fantastic. When asked about the split of Olympics and Commonwealth he said he preferred them stay separate.

So I'm sitting in my office, by myself, day moving smoothly and quietly without hassle. I decide as I'm by myself in my office I'll drop a fart. To my surprise it was quite a stinker, and before I knew it 3 other work colleagues decide this is the moment to come in wanting to discuss some plans they have been working on. The fart is still lingering, it was in that quick moment I do the act of a genius and say "jesus, which one of you brought that in with you" and we all clear out and go to the meeting room.

I am very pleased with myself

The politeness of the voice on the Gold Coast tram network. Such a pleasant and comforting operator.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

+1. The Sydney Trains lady sounds like Gretel Killeen too.
On the whole much nicer than their grouchy Melbourne colleagues.

Except for this one time I was on a tram and the driver declared everyone was part of the ‘tramily’ And made everyone sing happy birthday whilst heckling the public with his external microphone.

On the whole much nicer than their grouchy Melbourne colleagues.

Except for this one time I was on a tram and the driver declared everyone was part of the ‘tramily’ And made everyone sing happy birthday whilst heckling the public with his external microphone.
He sounds a little bit dotty.. :tearsofjoy:

Sleeping 13 hours on a 15 hour flight :thumbsu:
Did you manage this without, well, artificial help?

I've been on six 13-15 hour non-stop flights now (Syd-LA, LA-Syd, Melb-Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi-Melb, Syd-Santiago, Santiago-Melb) and I reckon the longest I managed to sleep on any of them would be about 90 minutes. I'm just no good at it. Coming back from Santiago this year, which was a 15.5 hour flight, I legitimately did not sleep even a minute.

Racehorse I have a small stake ownership in just won it's first race!!

YIPEE!

Name is Cochada, jockeyed by Craig Williams. Trained by Rae Thoroughbreds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back