Things that please you

Remove this Banner Ad

Fresh eggs. We have been tasked with looking after the school’s garden and chickens. Our payment this morning was three fresh eggs. Can’t beat em!

jmoo wan did you need up getting your coup going?
I did! We are currently running with 2 head of chicken in the backyard, and they lay everyday

Fresh eggs. We have been tasked with looking after the school’s garden and chickens. Our payment this morning was three fresh eggs. Can’t beat em!
Well actually the fresher the egg the easier it is to beat. Will hold more air and for longer.

Normally I'd resist the urge to make such a corny joke (i also sometimes lie) but it just can't be understated how much better fresh eggs are for doing things. And poaching? * I love em.

Well actually the fresher the egg the easier it is to beat. Will hold more air and for longer.

Normally I'd resist the urge to make such a corny joke (i also sometimes lie) but it just can't be understated how much better fresh eggs are for doing things. And poaching? **** I love em.
I was pretty happy with my pun.

Fresh poached eggs and avocado on toast tomorrow for breakfast. Delish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So wifey mentioned tonight that the light switch in the kitchen was broken - the switch had pushed in from the plate and couldn’t be actioned.

Silly me thought thats easily fixed, it’s not electrical, its just fitting the switch back into the plate.

After getting a belt I called a mate who’s a sparky and got him to fix it.

Why does this please me? He told me I could easily have been killed. Obviously I wasn’t, and this pleases me enormously.

/stupid dave

So wifey mentioned tonight that the light switch in the kitchen was broken - the switch had pushed in from the plate and couldn’t be actioned.

Silly me thought thats easily fixed, it’s not electrical, its just fitting the switch back into the plate.

After getting a belt I called a mate who’s a sparky and got him to fix it.

Why does this please me? He told me I could easily have been killed. Obviously I wasn’t, and this pleases me enormously.

/stupid dave

I did the same many years ago in my first house - again, not a sparky but knew enough to at least turn the power off before doing works.

I'd replaced 4-5 already, and the last one was in the kitchen - problem was, that house had no window in the kitchen, so it was too dark to see properly. I turned the power back on, checked all the other switches were now working, and turned on the dining room light (so I could see). Tried to flick the kitchen light on, but the whole plate moved.....so I put my hand behind the plate to hold it steady...

When I woke up a few seconds later, I was sitting 3m away against the dining room wall, with a dent in the plaster where I had hit. I couldn't move and was shaking. Wife called the ambulance, but by the time they arrived 30 minutes later I was already feeling better. Still, they put me on the machines and made me go down to the hospital for a full check as my heart was racing.

I still can't believe I just put my hand there, moments after turning the power back on. Sheer absent-minded stupidity.

I did the same many years ago in my first house - again, not a sparky but knew enough to at least turn the power off before doing works.

I'd replaced 4-5 already, and the last one was in the kitchen - problem was, that house had no window in the kitchen, so it was too dark to see properly. I turned the power back on, checked all the other switches were now working, and turned on the dining room light (so I could see). Tried to flick the kitchen light on, but the whole plate moved.....so I put my hand behind the plate to hold it steady...

When I woke up a few seconds later, I was sitting 3m away against the dining room wall, with a dent in the plaster where I had hit. I couldn't move and was shaking. Wife called the ambulance, but by the time they arrived 30 minutes later I was already feeling better. Still, they put me on the machines and made me go down to the hospital for a full check as my heart was racing.

I still can't believe I just put my hand there, moments after turning the power back on. Sheer absent-minded stupidity.
Far out:oops:, glad you got away unscathed I'm also glad I'm reading these posts as I'm the sort of person who'd do exactly what you guys are talking about.

Will now call sparky mates if needed in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back