Mega Thread Things that s**t me the Thirteenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People that moan about others talking cars are the same ones who complain endlessly about what other do with their cars.

You'd think with the amount of time spent here bitching about traffic and road rules and driving, some may actually want to talk about the vehicles.

Or ****ed On Race Day

Don't understand why people finish sentences with "or", except they're not really finishing the sentence. They ask you something and don't realise they haven't asked a complete question. It can be family, friends, work colleagues, people in shops, although I never hear kids say it. For example:

Are you going to the footy tomorrow or...?
Did you want a salad with that or...?
Did you want to watch that DVD now or...?
Will we visit our in-laws next week or...?
Did you talk to Fred about borrowing some petty cash or...?
Should we buy Mary a farewell gift or...?

and so on

Don't understand why people finish sentences with "or", except they're not really finishing the sentence. They ask you something and don't realise they haven't asked a complete question. It can be family, friends, work colleagues, people in shops, although I never hear kids say it. For example:

Are you going to the footy tomorrow or...?
Did you want a salad with that or...?
Did you want to watch that DVD now or...?
Will we visit our in-laws next week or...?
Did you talk to Fred about borrowing some petty cash or...?
Should we buy Mary a farewell gift or...?

and so on

I usually say ...or what?

Because someone driving a manual car is more aware of their surroundings and the environment they're driving on, more times than not. Manual drivers tend to have a better understanding of acceleration, traction, adjusting speed, weight transfer etc - those all help you become a better instinctual driver. Most people don't drive manual just cause, they drive it cause they enjoy the process or at least can tolerate it, and so they appreciate it. Then there's the case that they're less likely to be eating, texting or fidgeting with things while behind the wheel.

That doesn't mean I think all manual drivers are great drivers. But I do believe driving a manual car makes you inherently more conscious of the act of driving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

driving a manual doesnt help with spatial awareness, judging speed and distance of an oncoming car, and general awareness of surroundings, and decision making

If anything, it just adds another thing to think about and distract from the road, as I indicated with my earlier points.

Loud exhausts on automatics (that aren't supercars) sh*t me. Same with spoilers on cars that have hubcaps.

Showing my age here but when I see Dark Continent and Africa together I suddenly get a deep voice and ' AFRICA' comes forth and images of Tarzoon and Shame of the Jungle are evoked

To be honest I thought it was a gay joke

The roads would be a much safer place if people learnt how to drive manual or at least appreciate how it works. We'd probably see people be more conscious, considerate and less careless on the road.
Hmm I think we'd see more tail-nose accidents with people failing to do hill starts

Last edited:
ford-falcon-gt.jpg
Very nice :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back