Things that scare you

Remove this Banner Ad

Also- those stories that pop up in the news every so often about a comet colliding with the earth- and if it was something like the size of Tasmania, well that's the end of all human life as we know it..

/of course it could just break up in the earth's atmosphere and become no more than the size of a chihuahua's head.
meh. An asteroid/comet we should be able to deal with given sufficient warning.

Should be more worried about GRB's (gamma-ray bursts). Literally, no warning but an impact to earth= all over.

Getting knocked off my bike and going underneath a car/truck and getting run over. I'm not scared of getting run into by a car or crashing into a tree but just the thought of sliding down the road and then getting run over scares the sh*t out of me.

I had a near miss on the job one time and for anyone that has ever come that close to the edge, just the thought of the irreparable damage I marginally avoided makes me squeeze my thighs together and consider a life of celibacy.

- Heights
- centipedes
- being stranded in the middle of the ocean
- a spider crawling into my ear and laying eggs in my brain
- being at work late at night by myself, getting an uneasy feeling, looking up at the security monitor and seeing a demon standing right behind me, turning around and there's nothing there, taking a sigh of relief and turning back to the computer only for the demon to be there to maul me to death

- Heights
- centipedes
- being stranded in the middle of the ocean
- a spider crawling into my ear and laying eggs in my brain
- being at work late at night by myself, getting an uneasy feeling, h

Can relate except the heights- am fine with them.

- centipedes: was one as big as a small snake in the bathroom, but my then bf rescued me from it and got rid of it.
- Spider: have had one bite me on the neck in the middle of the night.
- Work: have been at work several times pretty much by myself before. No other staff (or very few) around or students. Creepy af, even during the day.

Heights are ****ed, also scared of spiders, pretty common i guess.

I had a job where I'd have to do maintenance by myself overnight in buildings by myself, that got a bit spooky sometimes. Particularly when it was at a "disaster recovery" site, would be a fully equipped office for a large bank or something, only used if their main office was unusable. Bit weird with a full office, PCs and everything laying there unused.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow. Guessing that building wasn't up to code. These quakes lately are making me think a big one is due here though. Actually it's overdue.

Apparently a volcano's erupted in Mexico too , plus there's one in Indonesia starting to growl too

Had one of those big centipedes in my bed when I was a kid. My sis also had one crawl over stomach in bed one night screaming her head off. Hate those things

Remove this Banner Ad

Back