Thread has been rolled over to Part 16 here

Richard Cranium

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PHX
Chill mate, suggesting eating a steak with nothing at all on it is still a perfectly tasty meal is pretty much the definition of white bread.

Maybe you think this is all deeply serious but i rarely get above an exasperated sigh in BF land.
Pls don't bully me for rating a steak with nothing on it above a stick insect with nothing on it. I'll report you next time to one of our sensible, unbiased rulers like chief, gralin, gough...

actually forget it.

Pls don't bully me for rating a steak with nothing on it above a stick insect with nothing on it. I'll report you next time to one of our sensible, unbiased rulers like chief, gralin, gough...

actually forget it.
Napoleon Dynamite Hello GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

I did the CSIRO diet last year and it was an insane amount of food. The weight still came off very quickly though.

It’s a really well-designed diet. I did occasionally get a bit sick of plowing through bowls of rabbit food for lunch, but generally speaking the food was tasty, easy to prepare and never left me hungry.

My main criticism is that it’s not that cheap - I think it cost us about $125 a person for a week’s meals.
You can substitute meals for something simpler to save buying once-off ingredients that then sit in the pantry forever. We’re fairly plain eaters so would often swap a recipe for plain steak or chicken or fish with vegs. Also saved preparation time.
But good to hear you did it successfully.

Just as a guide, a 200g piece of steak supplies around 50 grams of protein, 200g chickpeas has about 36g protein (but the protein isn't as good/complete :) ). That's a lotta chickpeas :).

Tacos filled with chickpeas and beans are one of my go-to meals. So good. I'd consume 200g in a meal, easily I reckon - with additional protein from the beans.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda

actually forget it.
Don’t bully you… loudest mouths really do have the weakest chins don’t they.

Carry on.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
A whole lotta people arent really knowledgeable on the subject are they. Its fine if you dont want to but lets not pretend that you cant. Youve made a choice and thats fine this whole "it cant work for me" is more "i dont want to".

I think youll probably find that is absolutely the norm, not less than. It sounds like you have two portions of meat each day (Lunch and Dinner). Most reasonable dietitians would recommend less to start with (7 serves a week is generally a maximum so thats 1 a day)
Dude I eat maybe 200-250 grams of meat a day max.

With all the exercise I do every day I need protein.

I'm not subbing in bugs!

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
I don't drive a twin cab, 4wd, or SUV. My car is 20 years old. The missus car is 10 years old and even smaller.

Think that will balance out rampant meat consumption for me.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
In the city those vehicles are the chariots of the flog.

deck

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2004
Melburn
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, SF 49ers, FSU
Crickets and grasshoppers are particularly tasty.
If this was true they would be marketed and sold in supermarkets and dished up in restaurants everywhere.

It was either Bourdain or Zimmern who said the best cooks come from the poorest places as they can't waste food and need to make things that don't taste very good eatable.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
In the city those vehicles are the chariots of the flog.
The idea that every tradie or whatever needs one now, I'm sorry, I never heard on old-school tradie complain about the traditional Aussie ute being unsuitable for their needs.

* me the landscaping crew who did the in laws place work cars was a Commodore and a Monaro with a trailer.

deck

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2004
Melburn
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, SF 49ers, FSU
The idea that every tradie or whatever needs one now, I'm sorry, I never heard on old-school tradie complain about the traditional Aussie ute being unsuitable for their needs.

duck me the landscaping crew who did the in laws place work cars was a Commodore and a Monaro with a trailer.

The car makers pushed them because they were more profitable.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
What about text messages?

Sent from my Louis Vuitton Jaffle Maker

I got woken up by a text message at 6.30 am this morning telling me how to vote for First Nations Justice in Leichhardt and I don't even live in Sydney.

Even if I did live there I wouldn't be voting for them just out of principle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back