Things that sh*t me the fifteenth part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread has been rolled over to Part 16 here

I used to think that the catch-and-release policy for scumbags was bad in Victoria.

If I was any angrier about this I'd be writing letters to the editor.

tl;dr
16-yo on bail
deliberately runs down cop, causing life-changing permanent injuries
sentenced to 3 years increased to 5 on appeal
released less than halfway through
fitted with a GPS tracker
less than two months later he's stolen a car and is armed
charged with unlawful possession of weapons, obstruct police, unlawful use of a motor vehicle, and failing to properly display his L plates for his learner's permit
released on bail

Well that ******* worked, didn't it.

"He was taken to the Beenleigh watchhouse and is expected to return to jail today.
ABC News has been told police have also questioned the teen over an armed home invasion and robbery at Kingston, south of Brisbane, last Friday."

I'm all for second chances, rehabilitation etc. Truly, I am. But somewhere the line has to be drawn to protect the public from scum, until said scum can prove they deserve to be back in our relatively civilised society.

Campaigners not doing anything about barking dogs.

I swear to god we have about 6 houses around us with dogs that just bark for hours every day, how do these people not know or care?

Its been great having the rental house next to us empty, the last few tenants have had dogs that bark all ******* day, even when they are home. 2 months empty its been bliss, and not surprisingly our dog hasnt been barking anywhere near as often..... :think: (to which we tell it to shut up and keep it under control when he does bark)

Its been great having the rental house next to us empty, the last few tenants have had dogs that bark all ******* day, even when they are home. 2 months empty its been bliss, and not surprisingly our dog hasnt been barking anywhere near as often..... :think: (to which we tell it to shut up and keep it under control when he does bark)
Some of these dogs are a couple of streets away and we can hear them very loudly, i dont understand how they cant hear it or their neighbors havent said anything.

We get the occasional yappy dogs virtually no cats but everyone has a 2 stroke
Id hazard a guess that somewhere between 2 and 4 hours of every day its constant. Its different houses/dogs so its probably 30-45 mins for each but when they are out its constant.

Feel for the poor bloody dogs, some of them sound absolutely distraught.

People complaining here about dogs barking and not understanding why someone doesn't say anything to the owners is a level of ironic that Alanis Morrisette would write about.

Long post incoming.

Moved into our house over the weekend (which is bloody great).

The removalists (Movee)? Not so much.

We have a gas bed and called them three times last week to see if they could move it. Got told each time we would get a call back, never did. The time slot given to us was 7-10am. Fine, no issue. Mrs was back at our apartment by 7am. Got to 8 and we'd heard nothing. I called them (after being on hold for 17 minutes), to be told that our driver was sick and we could be reschudeled to the 12-2pm time slot. Didn't have much choice so just agreed.

My wife came back to our new house (approx 20-25 min drive). I called them back about after an hour or so just to be sure, to be then told our driver is half an hour away. My wife then had to rush back to our apartment.

They showed up (father and son - father knew very, very little English) and got started, but were moving incredibly slow and didn't seem to have much clue of what to do. My wife asked them if they needed help and they said no. We were on the first floor, so they could transport stuff down into the lift on ground.

The son asked if he could use our toilet, my wife reluctantly said yes, and she could hear him watching videos on the toilet while he was taking a s**t! My father in law and sister in law also arrived as my sister in law had her bed at our place and was also moving and collecting it. My father in law could see from the get go something wasn't right. They told my wife they would probably need to do two truck loads - when the truck was half full! And add into the mix, they had a smoko break too! We asked them if they could move our bed, they sort of just looked and didn't say anything, so then my father in law disassembled it, and moved it downstairs and helped them pack into the truck. They had no idea how to pack the truck and he was literally telling them how to do it.

In four hours they moved six large items - two dining settings, a fridge, a TV unit, a TV and a couch, and a couple of boxes of stuff.

They made it to the house and I was helping them unpack, they weren't really moving fast at all. They were nice enough, but *, if you're getting paid by the hour, you move with some ******* hustle. I was chatting to the son and asked him how long they'd be doing this. He had a bit of a think and then said "three days." All I could was laugh inside at this point. The job wrapped up and we got charged $705 - from 10.30 - 2.40. They charged us a full half hour for those 10 minutes too, and of course for taking a s**t and having a smoke.

I called yesterday first thing and asked to speak to a manager. Said someone would call me back between 10-11. It got to 1 and I'd heard nothing so I tried again. Someone tried to help me and then transferred me to the complaints team. 35 minutes on hold. I hung up and demanded I speak to someone immediately or I was going to the ombudsman. I got a call back within 15 minutes.

The dude was helpful and somewhat understanding. He said he will need a bit of time to look into things and will call me back later. He got back to me and agreed to refund us for the half hour. I said that's fine, but what about all the other issues? I said we'd pay 3 hours and that's it. He needs to contact the provider and get back to us.

I basically said to him

- Called during the week to enquire about the bed and 3 times was told I'd get a call back and didn't
- The whole reschedule debacle
- Smoking/toilet breaks
- How slow and clueless they were
- Wanting to do two trips when they only had half a truck full
- 3 days on the job
- Not knowing how to pack the truck
- Ridiculous fees due to how slow they were

Might follow him up tomorrow or Thursday but this definitely isn't over.

tl;dr - Removalists were ******* rubbish and my wife and father in law did more work than those two useless pricks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long post incoming.

Moved into our house over the weekend (which is bloody great).

The removalists (Movee)? Not so much.

We have a gas bed and called them three times last week to see if they could move it. Got told each time we would get a call back, never did. The time slot given to us was 7-10am. Fine, no issue. Mrs was back at our apartment by 7am. Got to 8 and we'd heard nothing. I called them (after being on hold for 17 minutes), to be told that our driver was sick and we could be reschudeled to the 12-2pm time slot. Didn't have much choice so just agreed.

My wife came back to our new house (approx 20-25 min drive). I called them back about after an hour or so just to be sure, to be then told our driver is half an hour away. My wife then had to rush back to our apartment.

They showed up (father and son - father knew very, very little English) and got started, but were moving incredibly slow and didn't seem to have much clue of what to do. My wife asked them if they needed help and they said no. We were on the first floor, so they could transport stuff down into the lift on ground.

The son asked if he could use our toilet, my wife reluctantly said yes, and she could hear him watching videos on the toilet while he was taking a sh*t! My father in law and sister in law also arrived as my sister in law had her bed at our place and was also moving and collecting it. My father in law could see from the get go something wasn't right. They told my wife they would probably need to do two truck loads - when the truck was half full! And add into the mix, they had a smoko break too! We asked them if they could move our bed, they sort of just looked and didn't say anything, so then my father in law disassembled it, and moved it downstairs and helped them pack into the truck. They had no idea how to pack the truck and he was literally telling them how to do it.

In four hours they moved six large items - two dining settings, a fridge, a TV unit, a TV and a couch, and a couple of boxes of stuff.

They made it to the house and I was helping them unpack, they weren't really moving fast at all. They were nice enough, but fu**, if you're getting paid by the hour, you move with some ******* hustle. I was chatting to the son and asked him how long they'd be doing this. He had a bit of a think and then said "three days." All I could was laugh inside at this point. The job wrapped up and we got charged $705 - from 10.30 - 2.40. They charged us a full half hour for those 10 minutes too, and of course for taking a sh*t and having a smoke.

I called yesterday first thing and asked to speak to a manager. Said someone would call me back between 10-11. It got to 1 and I'd heard nothing so I tried again. Someone tried to help me and then transferred me to the complaints team. 35 minutes on hold. I hung up and demanded I speak to someone immediately or I was going to the ombudsman. I got a call back within 15 minutes.

The dude was helpful and somewhat understanding. He said he will need a bit of time to look into things and will call me back later. He got back to me and agreed to refund us for the half hour. I said that's fine, but what about all the other issues? I said we'd pay 3 hours and that's it. He needs to contact the provider and get back to us.

I basically said to him

- Called during the week to enquire about the bed and 3 times was told I'd get a call back and didn't
- The whole reschedule debacle
- Smoking/toilet breaks
- How slow and clueless they were
- Wanting to do two trips when they only had half a truck full
- 3 days on the job
- Not knowing how to pack the truck
- Ridiculous fees due to how slow they were

Might follow him up tomorrow or Thursday but this definitely isn't over.

tl;dr - Removalists were ******* rubbish and my wife and father in law did more work than those two useless pricks.
You get what you pay for. I paid a premium for a highly recommended team that went hard the moment they showed up until the time they left, I was happy for them to make two trips but they helped load up the car to save me for paying them to travel another hour to grab a second load which I would have been charged for.

I've moved a few times now and hired a truck every time. Much prefer being in control in this situation and not relying on companies with hourly rates.
I helped a friend of a friend move one time and she hadn't done a thing to prepare and for me it felt really weird as someone who barely knew her going through her drawers and cupboards packing stuff up. Annoying thing is she was just being tight, she has two kids at Scotch ffs.

I've moved a few times now and hired a truck every time. Much prefer being in control in this situation and not relying on companies with hourly rates.
Wasn't an option for us unfortunately.

You get what you pay for. I paid a premium for a highly recommended team that went hard the moment they showed up until the time they left, I was happy for them to make two trips but they helped load up the car to save me for paying them to travel another hour to grab a second load which I would have been charged for.
These guys have a good rating on product review.

But it turns out they just sub contract to people, rather than actually have a team of pro removalists etc.

And I don't think $140/hr is peanuts really.

Have moved a few times and on average the removalists were ok. The worst one was a bloke who wouldn’t stop talking to us (we had to stay with them to tell them where to put stuff etc) and he’d actually put things down that he was carrying to make some lengthy comment. Every now and then he’d ask for a drink of water and once, a cup of tea! The kettle and cups were still packed in boxes ffs! By contrast his offsider never said a word the whole time.

edited to add: they finished at about 8pm. It was the longest day I’ve ever endured.

Last edited:
I helped a friend of a friend move one time and she hadn't done a thing to prepare and for me it felt really weird as someone who barely knew her going through her drawers and cupboards packing stuff up. Annoying thing is she was just being tight, she has two kids at Scotch ffs.
Some people insist on making moving much harder than it needs to be, and they're the ones who invariably get friends and family in to help. Pro tip - when you know 6 months out that you'll be moving, don't wait until the day of the move to go go through those boxes at the back of the garage to decide what's worth keeping (answer: none of it).

My missus is annoyingly organised at that sort of stuff. Last time we moved the entire house was boxed up by the time the removalists arrived, with every box labelled with the room it was going in to. Even the worst removalists couldn't * it up.

Some people insist on making moving much harder than it needs to be, and they're the ones who invariably get friends and family in to help. Pro tip - when you know 6 months out that you'll be moving, don't wait until the day of the move to go go through those boxes at the back of the garage to decide what's worth keeping (answer: none of it).

My missus is annoyingly organised at that sort of stuff. Last time we moved the entire house was boxed up by the time the removalists arrived, with every box labelled with the room it was going in to. Even the worst removalists couldn't fu** it up.
I'm with your good lady wife, label everything.

I've used professional movers three times and had zero problems. Got boxes in advance, did some of our precious stuff plus easy things like books. Movers came in, there was a whirlwind of activity, truck gone and we're looking around an empty house. International move was done by Crown and it was worth every cent.

Only one thing ever went missing and it was my carefully packed and sealed box of pr0n mags and tapes. Mrs reckoned it was a worthy payment for the good service. I resolved to label it "kitchen" instead of "bedroom" next time.

I also helped an airtasker - container dropped off on nature strip by a sideloader, we packed up the house and loaded the container. Tilt bed towtruck pulls up, we look at each other as the container got winched to a higher and higher angle. There were some discomfiting rumbles, crashes and tinkling glass from inside. We'd made sure nothing would move horizontally, never expected the damn thing to be tipped on its end.

My missus is annoyingly organised at that sort of stuff. Last time we moved the entire house was boxed up by the time the removalists arrived, with every box labelled with the room it was going in to. Even the worst removalists couldn't fu** it up.

I would have presumed this is how everyone does it......

Everything should be labelled with which room it goes in and removalist should have a floorplan of the new joint with room names clearly highlighted so they know what goes where....not rocket science

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

I'm with your good lady wife, label everything.
Yep. When we moved interstate we had over 100 boxes, all labelled, numbered and entered in a book. The house we moved to was small so about 20 boxes of linen and junk that we’d failed to cull were stored in the garage. Seven years later when we moved again (story above) those boxes went straight to the tip unopened.

I found moving country was almost easier than moving across the road. If you're doing a little short move it's kind of a pain because you end up trying to carry a bunch or just running back and forth with your car a dozen times. I don't plan on moving again. Hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back