Mega Thread Things that s**t me the fourteenth part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had some experience with the old Winchester drives that the DEC "minis" used to use, but I think they're a fair bit smaller than the ones you are describing. Although still a 2 man lift.

For some reason I still have a few of these Winchester platters I pulled out of an IBM box around 2005 when it was replaced. (One of those things where the software was business critical and anybody who knew anything was long gone, so the hardware was maintained until the whole lot was replaced with some buggy s**t on unreliable h/w at great expense.)

disc1.jpg

The irony of the bigoted b*tch saying she is being bullied. It's your views that lead to the bullying and subsequent mental issues and suicide of LGBTQ people you stupid cow.
Meh, she's entitled to her opinion. Love how those offended by her opinions are those spruiking the right for free speech etc......until someone says something they don't want to hear

Of course a church crazy person like herself is going to be against those she has had criticism against........

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

I don't want to give this person's disgraceful, bigoted views any oxygen.

But when others insist on rewarding them with this country's highest honour – I think it's worth saying again:

Grand Slam wins don't give you some right to spew hatred and create division.

Nothing does.
— Dan Andrews (@DanielAndrewsMP) January 22, 2021

Playing Saturday sports when you lose.

Or just Saturday sports in general.

Driving 40 minutes to go play hill folk and getting beaten.

Why do I continue to waste half my weekend on this sh*t?

because it’s not about who wins or loses, it’s about participating:drunk:

I always find myself getting annoyed at old people in Subway, but it occurred to me that perhaps the elderly just need some assistance with the very difficult and challenging task of going to Subway to buy a sandwich. So here we go, a comprehensive list of instructions for old people to follow the next time they go to Subway:

1. Always plan your visit to Subway between 11.30 am and 1.30 pm weekdays, when people at work are getting their lunch.
2. Where possible, complete your weekly grocery shopping before you visit Subway, and push your full trolley into the tight confines of the sandwich shop.
3. If you have a dog, bring it into Subway with you, especially if it is a large breed like a German Shepherd.
4. Greet the attendant politely and ask, 'What do you have?'.
5. Ask for a type of bread for your sandwich that has been discontinued for some time such as flat bread, and be sure to confirm the type of grains used to prepare wheat or rye bread if choosing one of these.
6. Run through the economic benefits of purchasing a foot long sub or six inch sub with the attendant.
7. Request a sandwich that is no longer offered at Subway, such as pastrami or roast chicken, or ask, 'Do you have vegemite?'.
8. To avoid any surprises, if a meatball sub is desired ask the attendants, 'What's in a meatball sub?', lest it should contain tofu, horseradish and watercress. Likewise, always ask if there are any meat products in a Vegie Delight sub.
9. If you require your sub to be fresh rather than toasted, reply 'yes' when the attendant asks you if you would like the sub toasted. It is no problem at all preparing a new sub when that one comes out of the toaster oven and has to be thrown away.
10. When selecting salad, ask for vegetables that have never been part of the Subway menu, such as celery.
11. Ask the attendant, 'Do you have to have pickles?', just in case it is strictly mandatory and rigidly enforced.
12. If in a state or territory other than Victoria and Queensland ask for pineapple, then quiz the attendant as to why there is no pineapple offered outside of Victoria and Queensland.
13. If sharing a foot long sub between two people, request different salad combinations for each side, but give these instructions to the attendant at the same time.
14. Selecting the right sauce for one's sandwich is extremely important. Run through the chemical properties of all Subway sauces with the attendant, before choosing sweet onion sauce for your pizza sub, or a heavy tomato based or creamy sauce for your teriyaki chicken sub.
15. If offered cookies, go through the economic benefits of the discount buying three cookies over one, as well as confirming what types of cookies the store sells.
16. Now you are at the counter and ready to pay, decide that you would like to order fit chips or garlic bread to go with your sub.
17. Pay for your order using a combination of 5 and 10 cent coins, to be counted out individually. 20 cent coins may also be used, but 5 and 10 cent coins are preferred method of payment.
18. If you have ordered a soft drink, request instructions as to how to use the machine, or better still a practical demonstration by a staff member.

I always find myself getting annoyed at old people in Subway, but it occurred to me that perhaps the elderly just need some assistance with the very difficult and challenging task of going to Subway to buy a sandwich. So here we go, a comprehensive list of instructions for old people to follow the next time they go to Subway:

1. Always plan your visit to Subway between 11.30 am and 1.30 pm weekdays, when people at work are getting their lunch.
2. Where possible, complete your weekly grocery shopping before you visit Subway, and push your full trolley into the tight confines of the sandwich shop.
3. If you have a dog, bring it into Subway with you, especially if it is a large breed like a German Shepherd.
5. Ask for a type of bread for your sandwich that has been discontinued for some time such as flat bread, and be sure to confirm the type of grains used to prepare wheat or rye bread if choosing one of these.
6. Run through the economic benefits of purchasing a foot long sub or six inch sub with the attendant.
7. Request a sandwich that is no longer offered at Subway, such as pastrami or roast chicken, or ask, 'Do you have vegemite?'.
8. To avoid any surprises, if a meatball sub is desired ask the attendants, 'What's in a meatball sub?', lest it should contain tofu, horseradish and watercress. Likewise, always ask if there are any meat products in a Vegie Delight sub.
9. If you require your sub to be fresh rather than toasted, reply 'yes' when the attendant asks you if you would like the sub toasted. It is no problem at all preparing a new sub when that one comes out of the toaster oven and has to be thrown away.
10. When selecting salad, ask for vegetables that have never been part of the Subway menu, such as celery.
11. Ask the attendant, 'Do you have to have pickles?', just in case it is strictly mandatory and rigidly enforced.
12. If in a state or territory other than Victoria and Queensland ask for pineapple, then quiz the attendant as to why there is no pineapple offered outside of Victoria and Queensland.
13. If sharing a foot long sub between two people, request different salad combinations for each side, but give these instructions to the attendant at the same time.
14. Selecting the right sauce for one's sandwich is extremely important. Run through the chemical properties of all Subway sauces with the attendant, before choosing sweet onion sauce for your pizza sub, or a heavy tomato based or creamy sauce for your teriyaki chicken sub.
15. If offered cookies, go through the economic benefits of the discount buying three cookies over one, as well as confirming what types of cookies the store sells.
16. Now you are at the counter and ready to pay, decide that you would like to order fit chips or garlic bread to go with your sub.
17. Pay for your order using a combination of 5 and 10 cent coins, to be counted out individually. 20 cent coins may also be used, but 5 and 10 cent coins are preferred method of payment.
18. If you have ordered a soft drink, request instructions as to how to use the machine, or better still a practical demonstration by a staff member.

when i was in school a friend of mine and i designed a town where when people got too old they were sent to old people prison which was actually a dog food factory in disguise.

i was 12 but i stand by that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Old people should be banned from certain activities within certain hours.

Like the get free public transport over here from 9am-3pm which is fair enough. But the trade-off should be that they are banned from going to the bank between 11am and 1pm.
How often do people that use internet banking walk into a physical branch in 2021?

You forgot a big one, cut my husband's side of the sub 1 inch longer than mine.

One person ordering 5 subs isn't a whole lot different to 5 people ordering one each.

People who order a sub then every step of the process is totally new to them can GTFO. It's not going the soup Nazi, but you should have some idea what you want and how the process works.

Meh, she's entitled to her opinion. Love how those offended by her opinions are those spruiking the right for free speech etc......until someone says something they don't want to hear

Of course a church crazy person like herself is going to be against those she has had criticism against........

Of course she is entitled to her opinion. That doesn't absolve her of the consequences or backlash of expressing that opinion.

Some absolute nob heads in here.
Do you all hate your parents and grand parents?

I only ever knew one of my grandparents, my mum's mum, and she died when I was 9.

emoji2369.png

it was her that spruiked her right to freedom of religious speech when she was sprouting her homophobic s**t and now has the audacity to whinge that she’s now being bullied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back