Mega Thread Things that s**t me the fourteenth part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Some absolute nob heads in here.
Do you all hate your parents and grand parents?

At the supermarket and post office? Absolutely. I've explained to my (70+, retired) dad multiple times that if you go to a major shopping centre at lunch time on a Saturday it is going to be very busy. Doesn't stop him from doing it and then being surprised about how busy it was.

Old people take their time with things, and that's OK. Except that most people aren't blessed with a lot of free time. If you need to go somewhere like the bank or post office in your lunch break (because you can't go at another time) then it's a pain in the nuts to have someone in front of you taking an eternity - especially when they could've just gone an hour earlier or later when there is no queue.

Fabab

Premiership Player
May 2, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
At the supermarket and post office? Absolutely. I've explained to my (70+, retired) dad multiple times that if you go to a major shopping centre at lunch time on a Saturday it is going to be very busy. Doesn't stop him from doing it and then being surprised about how busy it was.

Old people take their time with things, and that's OK. Except that most people aren't blessed with a lot of free time. If you need to go somewhere like the bank or post office in your lunch break (because you can't go at another time) then it's a pain in the nuts to have someone in front of you taking an eternity - especially when they could've just gone an hour earlier or later when there is no queue.
Everyone should be free to shop and bank when it suits them surely.

Simon_Nesbit

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2001
Tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn
One person ordering 5 subs isn't a whole lot different to 5 people ordering one each.

People who order a sub then every step of the process is totally new to them can GTFO. It's not going the soup Nazi, but you should have some idea what you want and how the process works.

I'm not OLD (well not that old - I'm younger than Shell!) - but I AM blind as a bat, and very hard of hearing. So ordering ANYTHING new or off a written menu 5m away is difficult for me. Add in a noisy shop and I can't hear the attendant either.

I probably go to Subway about once or twice a year (can't actually remember the last time though, been a few years). Here in Tassie it's always been pretty decent, 'fresh' ingredients (my god Victorian Subway stores are bad!) - but ordering was an adventure for me.

Once, one of the local stores had put basic labels on the salad bar: Step 1 (choose bread) with a list of options. Big red writing "Fresh or Toasted"?), Step 2 (Meats IIRC), 3 was salads, 4 Sauces, etc. They even had a 'menu' next to the waiting line, telling you what was in the pictures (including sauces, etc).

I could order perfectly without needing to listen to the server, or look at the board - just read the signs and say what I wanted out loud. It was perfect. So good in fact the next time I wanted Subway I went out of my way (drove past two other Subways to stop at this specific one) only to get inside and find out the labels where gone, replaced with a new 'backlit' menu. So, toasted Chicken Teriyaki with everything it was (just say yes).

Why on earth would you make it more difficult to order? Especially when it's a on-demand sandwich shop? I don't think I ever went back.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
I don't know why Subway thought it was a good idea for the fat kid from Hunt for the Wilderpeople to advertise their subs.

He's not ditching the burger and chips and eating fresh, no one's buying that, they may as well have got Mick Molley to head up their campaign.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
US late night show hosts falling all over themselves to praise Biden when Trump gave them so much great material over the last 4 years.

Colbert one of the worst offenders, 95% of his material was Trump related, good luck getting the same laughs from boring Biden you dipstick.

Colbert also pandered to the BLM movement, he barely said a word to Jon Batiste pre BLM, all of a sudden he's chatting to him like he's his best friend.

Give me Letterman and Paul Shaffer any day of the week, there was no politically correct s**t with Dave.

Letterman and Conan are the best US late show hosts imo, Conan doesn't even talk politics, he just does his own silly s**t and it's funny as F***.

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Given the lack of originality plaguing Hollywood these days, and the love of a soft reboot, I'm surprised we haven't gotten a remake of Logan's Run.

Maybe bump the age up from 30 a little bit, you could even obliquely reference the 'rona as the trigger way back when, cast Logan as female and I reckon it ticks the current Hollywood boxes. I wonder who owns the IP?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What's Logans Run

Old sci-fi movie where the premise is myopic utopia where people are disposed of once they reach 30 years old. Logan is 29...

ETA: Like a lot of lower budget '70's Sci Fi movies, it is extremely cheesy by modern standards. Caution advised when viewing

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
I dont think I Camembert anymore
I couldnt Raclette any more cheese puns lets hope its all we are are gouda get

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
Robert Hughes too, he seems like the sort of bloke our PM would take a liking to.

Can he have a chinwag with Boris Johnson and lobby for Rolf Harris to be released from jail?

I hear he likes Rolf's music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back