Mega Thread Things that s**t me the fourteenth part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I waste so much in the way of fresh food most of it through sheer laziness - I buy with good intentions but by day 3 would rather just buy something and I really have to be in the mood for batch cooking

used to love cooking but these days just cbf

Going back to your original point though, as I recall it, I'm not aware of any other clubs that have had a player literally brought back from the dead, another commit suicide and yet another basically throw the rest of their life away because they love the gear too much and that's not even all of it.

So yeah sure a lot of footy players liked and still do like recreational drugs especially ones that don't hang around in your system long but The West Coast were way beyond that back then. It's not a media fabrication or something.
Do you think the coach would have known what was going on ?

I hardly wasted any food when I was working from home. Lunch every day was open fridge and just eat whatever was leftover from previous meals.
I dont waste anything.
I plan meals for the week and everything is portioned and cryovaced and frozen,when I buy it.
It gets taken out 3 days before to defrost for that meal.
Today is pork chops, tomorrow is spanish meatballs,monday is cajun chook ,teusday bastielle day is pork loin,wed stirfry chicken,thursday lamb kofta,Friday spag with sausage
I only do big batches when I do soup,spag bol, curry, chilli con carne or pulled pork they then get portioned and frozen

Going back to your original point though, as I recall it, I'm not aware of any other clubs that have had a player literally brought back from the dead, another commit suicide and yet another basically throw the rest of their life away because they love the gear too much and that's not even all of it.

So yeah sure a lot of footy players liked and still do like recreational drugs especially ones that don't hang around in your system long but The West Coast were way beyond that back then. It's not a media fabrication or something.

Maybe not, but is that bad luck or bad management? Chris Mainwaring played 1987-1999, I wouldn't say he i reflective on what went on in the mid 2000s.

We've seen injunction club, Travis Tuck, Tom Liberatore, Thomas and Keeffe at the Pies... And we've seen Dale Lewis say drugs were rife in the game, Gavin Crosisca say he was an addict during his playing days, Wayne Carey say he was a massive coke user, Jon Hay say he took whatever he could get his hands on including raiding the Hawthorn medicine cabinet.

When we were the 'bad guys' I always thought that the AFL wanted a scapegoat in order to pressure the other clubs to get their s**t together. 'But everyone else is doing it' isn't a defence so we have to cop our whack but I reckon people are pretty naive about what went on and continues to go in the AFL with drug use.

Maybe not, but is that bad luck or bad management? Chris Mainwaring played 1987-1999, I wouldn't say he i reflective on what went on in the mid 2000s.

We've seen injunction club, Travis Tuck, Tom Liberatore, Thomas and Keeffe at the Pies... And we've seen Dale Lewis say drugs were rife in the game, Gavin Crosisca say he was an addict during his playing days, Wayne Carey say he was a massive coke user, Jon Hay say he took whatever he could get his hands on including raiding the Hawthorn medicine cabinet.

When we were the 'bad guys' I always thought that the AFL wanted a scapegoat in order to pressure the other clubs to get their sh*t together. 'But everyone else is doing it' isn't a defence so we have to cop our whack but I reckon people are pretty naive about what went on and continues to go in the AFL with drug use.

Substance abuse is a massive issue in the AFL. And in the outside world. Rather than address the causes and what is a social illness we address the symptoms. All clubs have players on something. Just that AFL players can afford the best stuff.

I hardly wasted any food when I was working from home. Lunch every day was open fridge and just eat whatever was leftover from previous meals.

Hate wasting food. But then hate the idea of bulk buying or a big cook up when you know you're never going to eat it all. Like the people who say eat so you don't waste/there are starving kids in Africa. Maybe just don't buy/cook so much to begin with.

Everyone has a fridge/freezer and shops are open every day and outside business hours. I'd rather just go to the shops as necessary than do one big shop and end up throwing half of it away. Though glancing at full trolleys at Coles most of them are full of processed crap anyway.

When we were the 'bad guys' I always thought that the AFL wanted a scapegoat in order to pressure the other clubs to get their sh*t together. 'But everyone else is doing it' isn't a defence so we have to cop our whack but I reckon people are pretty naive about what went on and continues to go in the AFL with drug use.
You've mentioned a couple from 3 or 4 clubs there. I'm talking about 1 club. I think Mainwaring is still worth mentioning because it was his era that laid the foundation for the next generation and we all know his involvement with Cousins.

Didn't even mention Gardiner, Kerr and Chicky. There's probably more too. I say again, it's not some media invention and everyone else was just as bad. Your club was absolutely rife with it.

Everyone has a fridge/freezer and shops are open every day and outside business hours. I'd rather just go to the shops as necessary than do one big shop and end up throwing half of it away. Though glancing at full trolleys at Coles most of them are full of processed crap anyway.
I never buy fresh food at Coles if I can possibly avoid it.

As someone who lives alone, eating out for a lot of meals isn't the stupidest idea (probably not HJ's)
I would love to cook every meal fresh but the fact is that I'm not home that much, don't eat a lot, and would have lots of ingredients going rotten every week.
Do you feel or encounter snide remarks about eating out/take away? aker "its cheaper to cook at home", "that's so unhealthy" etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you feel or encounter snide remarks about eating out/take away? aker "its cheaper to cook at home", "that's so unhealthy" etc

Only from my mum.

And I dont get fast food anyway. My local IGA has that section next to the deli where they prepare hot meals daily. I don't think getting a shepherds pie or lasagne from there is less healthy than me making it myself at home.

My local IGA has that section next to the deli where they prepare hot meals daily. I don't think getting a shepherds pie or lasagne from there is less healthy than me making it myself at home.

Luxury. I used to hang around woolies roast chickens when they had the roast meats there, wait for one to be marked down to half price and I'd snatch it. They don't sell them now. :(

Eating out/eating takeaway doesn't have to mean eating sh*t. I had Maccas a week or two ago and it was $12 or $13 just for a medium sized meal which barely touched the sides.
i hardly eat maccas coz of this. i dont mind the taste but for the price Im never full.

Rather get a $10 chook at Woolies

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cautionary tale all - live on my own and lot of the time csn’t be arsed cooking anything decent, so go some toast, or a pie or anything from the freezer or a can. Having to waste food comes in to it as well. Non drinker and smoker, don’t eat fast food, however right at this minute in emergency being monitored for a suspected heart attack. Eat properly people.

Renters whinging about landlords. They provide a service which no one is forcing you to accept and most have worked hard to get where they are

Most landlords are getting subsidised $000s by the taxpayer to build personal wealth. So, really, anyone who isn't a landlord should be able to whinge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back