Mega Thread Things that s**t me the fourteenth part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not offended at being excluded, more annoyed by hypocrisy.

All minority groups are for equality, just so long as they are slightly more equal than others

I suppose once they get to being equal you could put that up as an argument, until then it’s quite pointless. Although I wouldn’t mind knowing which minority group you think is “slightly more equal than others”

Yeah I mean we used to only recently still have a Labor PM Julia Gillard that was against gay people being married. We've come a long way.
Incorrect. Gillard always stated , while PM , that it was her parties policy to be opposed to SSM and she followed her parties wishes.

But I am sure you will post the links where she states she is against it

Incorrect. Gillard always stated , while PM , that it was her parties policy to be opposed to SSM and she followed her parties wishes.

It explains it here
TLDR
basically she didnt have the numbers and thought she needed the support of Conservative Unions more than progressives

It explains it here
TLDR
basically she didnt have the numbers and thought she needed the support of Conservative Unions more than progressives
Interesting. I had heard her on numerous occasion say her party supported a traditional marriage and that she supported her parties position

Happy to be corrected

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The timing of this comment after the previous few pages is well placed
It reminds me of an Album cover from my yoof
iu

Except my bums uglier

Believe whatever spin came afterwards but pretty sure she voted against it mate. If that's not being 'against' something I don't know what is.

"I have made my position on this clear for a long period of time now, I do not support a change to the Marriage Act, the Marriage Act defining marriage as it does as a union between a man and a woman. I believe that marriage has come to have a particular cultural status and role within our society and I do not believe that should be changed."

Julia Gillard in 2011

https://pmtranscripts.pmc.gov.au/release/transcript-18271

I find many threads on here being spammed and derailed with political sh*t usually by the same handful of pea brains pretty boring, I don't come to a 'General Discussion' board to read about politics. If I want to do that there is a place called the SRP.
Interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back