Things that sh*t me the sixteenth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've put on free lunch for employees countless amounts of times, there's 3 types of people I reckon. People who eat like it's their last meal, people who grab a quick bite and bounce and those who avoid the thing altogether because they have such disdain for their colleagues they'd prefer to not spend a second more in their company than needed.

True that.

I would lose a hour in poo breaks if my work gave away free dinners .

I've put on free lunch for employees countless amounts of times, there's 3 types of people I reckon. People who eat like it's their last meal, people who grab a quick bite and bounce and those who avoid the thing altogether because they have such disdain for their colleagues they'd prefer to not spend a second more in their company than needed.
You missed the people who act like it's their last meal and also hate they're coworkers.

Load up on 3 people's worth of good food and leave

This gif is a little scary
Represent.
lets go roar GIF by Paddock Insider

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Group 3 here. You're paying me to work. If I'm not required to work, I'm not there

Nov 17, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Then he's probably one of the good guys who walk past ATMs and the supermarket self-checkouts to actually show there IS a demand for people to be employed and not replaced by more profitable bits of hardware.

Doing his bit for fellow humans. Three thumbs up.

Then he's probably one of the good guys who walk past ATMs and the supermarket self-checkouts to actually show there IS a demand for people to be employed and not replaced by more profitable bits of hardware.

Strongly agree

I often bypass technology to ensure humans are still employed

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

I was going to say exactly that, people always saying 'dont use the screens at super markets and maccas and keep people in a job'.....yet use ATMs....

same same

(then again we're all hypocrites, i use the screens/self checkouts/atms but if i dont want something while shopping ill just chuck it on the nearest shelf - and tell myself im keeping someone in a job who has to move it back to the normal place or throw it out)

I was going to say exactly that, people always saying 'dont use the screens at super markets and maccas and keep people in a job'.....yet use ATMs....

same same

(then again we're all hypocrites, i use the screens/self checkouts/atms but if i dont want something while shopping ill just chuck it on the nearest shelf - and tell myself im keeping someone in a job who has to move it back to the normal place or throw it out)

Small point of difference in that Banks (plural) are closing hundreds of branches nationally over the past few years forcing customers into using ATM's and Online Banking as many can't travel the extra kilometers to one of the few remaining branches.

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You've never worked in a place that holds "brown bag meetings" then.

I'd cheerfully slot the campaigner that came up with that utensil head dick head idea.

Yeah, I have ;)

Briefly.

I either didn't go, or took my lunchbreak afterwards/beforehand. They get the hint.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox

Or he thinks the teller likes him based on her smiling and laughing at his lame joke last week

Or so a friend reckons

You've never worked in a place that holds "brown bag meetings" then.

I'd cheerfully slot the campaigner that came up with that utensil head dick head idea.
the trick with those is to simply not attend

Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

I don't get this. The machines provide jobs to engineers, manufacturers and maintenance workers.

There is a labour shortage out there, the displaced checkout personnel should be filling those roles where they can actually add value. And a lot of those are customer facing too, if human interaction is the thing that people are worried about.

Nov 17, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
A cafe I often have meeting at want us to scan the QR and order from the table, this really shits me so I go to the counter.

The Lake View Hotel in Ballarat does that. Waited ages to catch the eye of a waitress, she says do the QR thing. Tried it, unworkable piece of s**t. Went inside and ordered instead. Would have walked out if it wasn't such a hot day and there was somewhere else nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back