Things that sh*t me the sixteenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lake View Hotel in Ballarat does that. Waited ages to catch the eye of a waitress, she says do the QR thing. Tried it, unworkable piece of s**t. Went inside and ordered instead. Would have walked out if it wasn't such a hot day and there was somewhere else nearby.

Yeah you have to enter your phone number, credit card number etc etc, plus I couldn't find where to order a takeaway coffee on it, really annoying

The QR code scanning thing is s**t especially in more intimate friendly settings

I like it though when out at a place and you have a table and are just drinking beers and catching up with friends. Sure, efficient and prompt table service would be just as good, but it's a huge improvement over wasting time lining up at the bar when you could be chatting with your mates

A cafe I often have meeting at want us to scan the QR and order from the table, this really shits me so I go to the counter.

yeah thats quite common these days - we did it at an american bbq joint and they asked if we wanted to leave a tip......i asked them 'what for? i did all the work' 🤣

i dont mind it at a pub, only seen in it a couple but you order your shout when you are 3 qtrs of the way through your beer, arrive just as you are finishing it :handok: (reminds me of america where the bar staff would come up to the table when you were 3/4s of the way through your beer and ask if you want another round....hell yes, great way to do it)

The Lake View Hotel in Ballarat does that. Waited ages to catch the eye of a waitress, she says do the QR thing. Tried it, unworkable piece of s**t. Went inside and ordered instead. Would have walked out if it wasn't such a hot day and there was somewhere else nearby.
Sinking pots with s00z?

The QR code scanning thing is s**t especially in more intimate friendly settings

I like it though when out at a place and you have a table and are just drinking beers and catching up with friends. Sure, efficient and prompt table service would be just as good, but it's a huge improvement over wasting time lining up at the bar when you could be chatting with your mates
Also handy if you're flying solo and don't want some punter to steal your table when you're at the bar.

I hope QR code restaurants don't become the norm. There's one near me that uses QR codes, but I always call for service because the menus don't account for minor changes to stock orders like removal of onions or added cheese.

I hope QR code restaurants don't become the norm. There's one near me that uses QR codes, but I always call for service because the menus don't account for minor changes to stock orders like removal of onions or added cheese.
I have to do the standard crusty response:

Just eat the meal like a man instead of demanding they take the peas out like a ******* 5 year old!

Is that how we do it :)

Removal of onions?

Confused Liam Neeson GIF

Horrible taste and they adversely affect the consistency of any decent meal. Onions can get *ed.
My wife always laughs when I say 'that smells good, what's for dinner'

It's always just the onions browning cooking to start of her dish

Love them

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah thats quite common these days - we did it at an american bbq joint and they asked if we wanted to leave a tip......i asked them 'what for? i did all the work' 🤣

i dont mind it at a pub, only seen in it a couple but you order your shout when you are 3 qtrs of the way through your beer, arrive just as you are finishing it :handok: (reminds me of america where the bar staff would come up to the table when you were 3/4s of the way through your beer and ask if you want another round....hell yes, great way to do it)
Was pretty crazy the level of service I got from female wait staff in the US when they heard my accent. The flirting was next level. They all seem to have boyfriends over there though.

My wife always laughs when I say 'that smells good, what's for dinner'

It's always just the onions browning cooking to start of her dish

Love them

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Bit of oil in a pan, some onions and garlic browning and everyone is hungry.

Then he's probably one of the good guys who walk past ATMs and the supermarket self-checkouts to actually show there IS a demand for people to be employed and not replaced by more profitable bits of hardware.

Doing his bit for fellow humans. Three thumbs up.

This is me too. My first job was as a checkout chick when I was 15.

Horrible taste and they adversely affect the consistency of any decent meal. Onions can get *ed.
I’m on this bandwagon. I’ll usually suffer through them in a pasta sauce or whatever but if there’s an option to not have them I’m usually going with it. Especially people going raw onion on a burger, what the * is with that.

Lol! Coincidence of the week - walk past a dumpling place next to Woolies in Werribee Plaza and all the tables had QR codes and stickers. Won't be eating there.
Eh they're fine, used them for the first time last week as I don't live in the city, just scanned it and it took me to the menu, and you order on your phone.
Can still pay with cash etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back