Mega Thread Things that s**t me the Thirteenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That some schools will be able to reject gay students based on some fictitious fairytale. FMD.

That some schools will be able to reject gay students based on some fictitious fairytale. FMD.
The actual *? I go to a religious school and we have more lgbt kids in our year than I had at my other school where the year level was 6 times bigger.

I was really pissed when I first read about this but on reflection, perversely this is a win imo. It won't happen and it's just making this ridiculous government look even more out of touch. They were trying to keep this schtum until after the Wentworth byelection now they have to explain it away, I want to kiss whoever leaked this.

On the one hand its completely ****ed

On the other why send the kid somewhere that doesn't want them there and is possibly going to try and teach them that there is something wrong with them

The best part is just reminding everyone how out of touch with reality both religion and the liberal party is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the one hand its completely ******

On the other why send the kid somewhere that doesn't want them there and is possibly going to try and teach them that there is something wrong with them

The best part is just reminding everyone how out of touch with reality both religion and the liberal party is
In some areas the Catholic school is the only place available to get a decent education. That's why my parents had me baptised, so I could go to the Catholic primary school when we lived in Deniliquin.

I must admit that the idea of being out at high school is still a bit of a novelty for me.

I was thinking, many may not even be certain until later in their teens. So if they 'come out' in year 10 or something they would just be kicked out of school?

But yeah, I can't imagine wanting to send your kids somewhere where you disagree with their doctrine anyway.

In some areas the Catholic school is the only place available to get a decent education. That's why my parents had me baptised, so I could go to the Catholic primary school when we lived in Deniliquin.
that is an issue all by itself

FWIW I don't think religion run businesses should be able to discriminate but I also don't see why someone would want to send their kid to a school that supports a system that discriminates against their kid, what does that tell the kid?

I was thinking, many may not even be certain until later in their teens. So if they 'come out' in year 10 or something they would just be kicked out of school?

But yeah, I can't imagine wanting to send your kids somewhere where you disagree with their doctrine anyway.
Soon as the hormones kicked in with me there was no doubting, and I guess this is where the real problem lies. A kid starts high school at twelve and might not realise they're gay until they hit puberty and suddenly they are a couple of years into high school with friends and support groups. To deprive them of that just because of their sexuality would have to do a lot more harm to the child, who we know is more likely to be vulnerable in the first place, than good and quite frankly would set a shocking example.

This is why I hate religion, it’s used as an excuse to be bigoted way too often.

The actual ****? I go to a religious school and we have more lgbt kids in our year than I had at my other school where the year level was 6 times bigger.

Guess it depends how religious/ extreme your school is. My HS was catholic but most teachers were actually atheist and didn’t give a s**t . Even most of the religous teachers were accepting of gay students.

I must admit that the idea of being out at high school is still a bit of a novelty for me.

I'm out at high school.

When you are accepting dollars from the public purse then you don’t get to discriminate against anyone

My husband teaches at a catholic school and they have a moral code that they need to abide by and there have been instances where teachers have had to move on because of lifestyle
“Choices”. That includes single and living together, affairs, divorcees and of course being gay. The rule of thumb seems to be that you can be gay just not practising.

Just rages me no end and if he gets re-elected then I will truly believe that we are well and truly mini America

Bit of a tangent, but do girls generally become gay later in life than guys?
Was just mulling this over recently. When I was in high school there were about three openly gay blokes and I couldn't think of a single gay girl. But two girls from my year level wound up as gay in their mid 20's (having previously had boyfriends) I know it's a small sample size, just something I found intredasting.

Was just mulling this over recently. When I was in high school there were about three openly gay blokes and I couldn't think of a single gay girl. But two girls from my year level wound up as gay in their mid 20's (having previously had boyfriends) I know it's a small sample size, just something I found intredasting.
If my first sexual experience was with a young craigos I'd definitely have turned to anything available to prevent a return to that sh*t show.

You’re born that way. I would say maybe they are just less confident in coming out earlier. Teen girls tend to be pretty self conscious. Guys as well but not as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back