Not open for further replies.
Jul 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons/Winnipeg Jets
Medicare.

My word, what a train wreck. Local branch had at least 4 or 5 people working there that I could see (most kept disappearing behind closed doors) and half a dozen work stations with computers, multiple screens etc. A dozen seats in the waiting area, all full. Waited half an hour (needed a new card, their error sending to an old address updated years ago - can't be done online if card has expired) to see one person leave as a result of being seen and having their issue resolved. Ended up leaving then spending 45 minutes on hold on the phone to get it sorted.

Inefficiency was incredible. I get people (hai Bomberboyokay, boo hiss Liberals etc) complain about de-funding of services but they had plenty of available work stations and plenty of people on hand. What the feck do they do all day? One lady stands there like a concierge, asks what your issue is, types your details into the thing then tells you to sit down and wait to be called. An automatic ticket machine could do that.
Sounds like par for the course for government services.

It's nice to know that I am objectively smarter than people who stand in front of vacant seats on full trams, but it doesn't make it any less infuriating.

Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
Medicare.

My word, what a train wreck. Local branch had at least 4 or 5 people working there that I could see (most kept disappearing behind closed doors) and half a dozen work stations with computers, multiple screens etc. A dozen seats in the waiting area, all full. Waited half an hour (needed a new card, their error sending to an old address updated years ago - can't be done online if card has expired) to see one person leave as a result of being seen and having their issue resolved. Ended up leaving then spending 45 minutes on hold on the phone to get it sorted.

Inefficiency was incredible. I get people (hai Bomberboyokay, boo hiss Liberals etc) complain about de-funding of services but they had plenty of available work stations and plenty of people on hand. What the feck do they do all day? One lady stands there like a concierge, asks what your issue is, types your details into the thing then tells you to sit down and wait to be called. An automatic ticket machine could do that.

I have only been twice, but the Centrelink/Medicare in Cannington was a smooth experience for me both times. Plus the lady who helped me was so beautiful I spent most of the time fantasising about us rowing a boat down an Norweigan canal.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
You can ring them. Pretty straight forward process.

I did. Sitting on hold and being able to work was preferable so sitting in a waiting room.

I have only been twice, but the Centrelink/Medicare in Cannington was a smooth experience for me both times. Plus the lady who helped me was so beautiful I spent most of the time fantasising about us rowing a boat down an Norweigan canal.

No Nordic beauties at the one next to GarBo.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
Flight delays. Meant to be on a 5pm flight yesterday, message at 2.30 saying it's now a 10pm departure. Annoying, but at least I knew before I left home.
Anyway, the inbound plane didn't even arrive until after 10 and by the time everything was ready to depart it was 3 mins after the curfew cutoff. Sorry, everybody off and come back tomorrow. :mad::mad:

To top it all off the plane somehow developed a fault overnight so we sat on the tarmac for another 2 hours today before it took off.

Flight delays. Meant to be on a 5pm flight yesterday, message at 2.30 saying it's now a 10pm departure. Annoying, but at least I knew before I left home.
Anyway, the inbound plane didn't even arrive until after 10 and by the time everything was ready to depart it was 3 mins after the curfew cutoff. Sorry, everybody off and come back tomorrow. :mad::mad:

To top it all off the plane somehow developed a fault overnight so we sat on the tarmac for another 2 hours today before it took off.

Should of just taken off and hoped that the fault wasn’t deadly

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
Should of just taken off and hoped that the fault wasn’t deadly
From the information we were given it was all 'waiting on engineering paperwork' ie box-ticking. I'm not blase about air safety, but the plane was fine at 11pm, then suddenly not fine the next morning after doing nothing in between.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Anyway, the inbound plane didn't even arrive until after 10 and by the time everything was ready to depart it was 3 mins after the curfew cutoff. Sorry, everybody off and come back tomorrow. :mad::
mad:

I flew down to Melbourne last night Was meant to arrive at 9. Didn't arrive til 1. Apparently there was a lot of wind in Melbourne causing delays.

From the information we were given it was all 'waiting on engineering paperwork' ie box-ticking. I'm not blase about air safety, but the plane was fine at 11pm, then suddenly not fine the next morning after doing nothing in between.

which airline?

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Had this happen with Delta in LA. Plane magically got a fault 5 mins before boarding at 10am. this was after the plane was late and caused me to miss the first flight. They told everyone it will be a late arvo flight so everyone rebooked with other airlines. Then 30 mins after the original cancellation they say plane is fine and we are boarding. Amazing s**t in LA. Useless

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
I now remember why I'm glad I moved to Queensland. Brrrr...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back