Mega Thread Things that s**t me the Thirteenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that happen often?

The most baffling racism I've seen is former LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling who didn't want his mistress associating with black people. Errrr, you own(ed) an NBA team fella. I doubt their roster at the time had more than 2 or 3 non black players on it.

Let's not pretend being full of s**t is some kind of left/right, rich/poor or my party/your party divide. Everyone is full of s**t.

Abusing indigenous players when indigenous players play for your own team? I think there have been instances of such crowd behaviour here in the afl. the port supporter who threw a banana at betts. Um, paddy ryder? Its strange.

sterlings situation was downright full of mind*.

Abusing indigenous players when indigenous players play for your own team? I think there have been instances of such crowd behaviour here in the afl. the port supporter who threw a banana at betts. Um, paddy ryder? Its strange.

sterlings situation was downright full of mindfu**.

Oh righto you just mean fans, I thought you meant players. I guess Spider Everitt was done for racially abusing Scott Chisholm and played with indigenous teammates at St Kilda. Justin Sherman also got done for racial vilification of a non-indigenous player IIRC.

Footy crowds are a cross section of society and society is full of peanuts. At times I think Freo have had half a dozen or more indigenous players in their 22 and I would not be surprised at all if a Freo fan racially vilified an opposition player. Nothing against Freo fans who are no more or less racist than any other set of supporters. It would be naive to think that any supporter base is free of racists, homophobes, bigots etc. It's not that society is down to 0.1% of people going to the footy not being nice, it's that the 99.9% have figured out what you can and can't say. I have little doubt that people go to the footy and cheer Dan Rioli and Bachar Houli then go home and curse lazy aboriginals and bloody muzzies aye. But I'm a cynic...

Oh righto you just mean fans, I thought you meant players. I guess Spider Everitt was done for racially abusing Scott Chisholm and played with indigenous teammates at St Kilda. Justin Sherman also got done for racial vilification of a non-indigenous player IIRC.

Footy crowds are a cross section of society and society is full of peanuts. At times I think Freo have had half a dozen or more indigenous players in their 22 and I would not be surprised at all if a Freo fan racially vilified an opposition player. Nothing against Freo fans who are no more or less racist than any other set of supporters. It would be naive to think that any supporter base is free of racists, homophobes, bigots etc. It's not that society is down to 0.1% of people going to the footy not being nice, it's that the 99.9% have figured out what you can and can't say. I have little doubt that people go to the footy and cheer Dan Rioli and Bachar Houli then go home and curse lazy aboriginals and bloody muzzies aye. But I'm a cynic...

oh yeah, sorry i was reffering to fans. but then as you noted everitt said something. oh monkhourst too (were there any indigenous players for collingwood at the time?).

you make a good point with the bolded bit. although richmond supporters are probably the most level headed and empathetic fans around so they probably would not conduct themselves like that at home

People who send BCCs are the worst in the email realm.

I don't mind the odd CC. You are telling me that whatever you are talking about might be relevant to me but I don't need to reply. And if you are addressing the email to me you are alerting me to who else is reading it. An email from me to a colleague for example might have our boss CCd so he is in the loop, that's fine. Just don't abuse it. Don't CC half the world, that isn't necessary.

But BCCs can fu** right off. You are basically telling me what you want me to read your stuff but you don't want others to know that I am.

Nope, I used it mainly when responding to a customer and BCC in my boss so she has an email trail of decisions I made.

No. Allan McAlister was president at the time and was a loud and proud racist iirc.

He (McAllister) wanted to assure people that the Magpies did not have an issue with indigenous Australians, but then added the following proviso: ''As long as they conduct themselves like white people, well, off the field, everyone will admire and respect … As long as they conduct themselves like human beings, they will be all right. That's the key.''

No. Allan McAlister was president at the time and was a loud and proud racist iirc.
There was Robbie Ahmat on the list at the time. Your point is fair about McCallister though he did like to shoot his mouth off.

Monkhorst was quite mature about the incident when he appeared on Open Mike.

Clients who complain about how much we invoice them but continually ask for help or advice. Complain they don't have the money and then get an email from them saying they are going overseas for a month.......been telling my boss for years they are just pricks, he now agrees.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

And don't forget the Collingwood banner after Longy called it out with the big dummy on it. Sticks and stones etc
AswcfbB.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In Melbourne for a few days. Parked the rental car at a train station and caught a train into the city. After getting off the train àfter getting back am looking for my car to no avail. Suddenly it dawns on me that I am looking for my car, not the rental.

One of my long term mates from interstate is staying at my place this weekend. She's treating my place like hers. She invited a friend over yesterday and just drank while i was at work, leaves s**t everywhere and now she's smoking weed in the house, even in bed! And it's not even hers! She's a good chick who I've known for a long time but I'm looking forward to her departure tomorrow night.

One of my long term mates from interstate is staying at my place this weekend. She's treating my place like hers. She invited a friend over yesterday and just drank while i was at work, leaves s**t everywhere and now she's smoking weed in the house, even in bed! And it's not even hers! She's a good chick who I've known for a long time but I'm looking forward to her departure tomorrow night.
Walk around nude

not every case

we had a lot of redundancies at work and HR sent a blanket email to all staff with the paperwork to be filled out and returned regarding redundancies, one person hit reply all with the paperwork filled out with their personal details on it, no need to hit reply all on that one
HR should've used BCC for that type of correspondence, which would've avoided the situation. It's the perfect example of when to use BCC.

Wrongdoings against their own clubs by those clubs.

North hates Essendon because you screwed us before most of us were born. I hate Bulldogs because of Eade, Barry Hall and their sooky lala hypocrisy that the AFL media ate up because Thompson "bullied" the punching thug. I hate Sydney because they cheated the rules at least twice and got away with it.
It's a game where strangers chase a leather ball...

And it still happens today (much less though. much much less).

I DUNNO....The amount of blokes at my work-place who still refer to any Muslim or Arab as a 'Towel-head' or Asian person as a 'Gook' would lead me to believe otherwise.

I DUNNO....The amount of blokes at my work-place who still refer to any Muslim or Arab as a 'Towel-head' or Asian person as a 'Gook' would lead me to believe otherwise.

Depends where the workplace is i guess.

Or "chinga"...

I was thinking at the footy. By and large.
I like to think footy crowds are pretty good these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back