Mega Thread Things that s**t me part XI - The Eleventh One!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was rounding up to be more dramatic. $870 haha. What do you pay in WA ? Thought it was just a standard price Australian wide

That is pretty bloody expensive.

That is pretty bloody expensive.

Western Australians plss stahp

when-you-actually-made-your-homework-but-forgot-it-at-your-place_o_752313.gif~c200

I've only been following the Collingwood Football Club for 8 years, but this is probably the most disappointed/frustrated I've been with the club. No clue what they're thinking with this trade period. Makes me angry just thinking about it.

Don't worry you'll get used to it.

2000 Draft Richmond & Collingwood stuffed up pick 3 together

I think you dodged a bullet there. Gibbs sounded like a good idea at first, but the more you thought about it, the more you realised he wasn't going to be the last piece in the puzzle for a Crows flag.
It's mostly Carlton. Gibbs is definitely an upgrade, but not the 'last piece' so we couldn't give up lots for him. A Treloar deal for a soon to be 28 year old? No thanks.

My beef with list management is not having a backup strategy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Metro. Again.

Three trains cancelled on my line this morning (2 city bound - 1 outbound). Getting to the station and the train I usually get is leaving. Figured no worries, I will just grab the next one. It was cancelled.

The next one after that finally arrived. Got on, and it got progressively more packed as we exited each station. Got to North Melbourne where there was an announcement saying the train will be remaining there for a while due to an ill passenger.

Had to swap platforms. Waited a few mins for a Sunbury train. Couldn't get on cos it was too packed and dickheads leave their backpacks on their back. Got on the next train. Got to work only 2 mins late but bloody hell it was annoying.

Then our system stuffed up at work and wasn't working properly again until about 11.

It's been a great day.

It's astounding that v-line is more reliable.
We get nice comfy trains now too.

I think it was a bad idea for us to retain Gibbs, i would have rather we accepted slight unders. But from the sounds of it it sounds like Reid was taking the piss with what he offered up.
I think SOS was taking a fair amount of piss too demanding 2 first rounders for him

I think it was a bad idea for us to retain Gibbs, i would have rather we accepted slight unders. But from the sounds of it it sounds like Reid was taking the piss with what he offered up.
Gibbs's management team thought it was reasonable (especially compared with other deals), Crows said Carlton would only take 2 firsts, Carlton didn't dispute this. That is a silly price for a wantaway player of that age.

Edit: We didn't plan to poach him. Gibbs approached us.

when you try to poach a contracted player then you have to pay a premium. I agree that 2 firsts is a piss take but it seems the Crows didnt really have a back up plan.
maybe, it sounds like we hadn't actually planned on doing much trading anyway - that's how it turned out

if we can jag a couple of gems through the draft, then I guess all is forgiven..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back