Mega Thread Things that s**t me part XI - The Eleventh One!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The world needs real life Captain Hindsights. [/sarcasm]

Bloody shocking event but vandalising a FB page is just dickhead behaviour.
So many muppets flooding with "I went there 6 months ago and I knew this would happen."

Good for you dickhead.

Journalist. There was a discussion about it in the uni thread (not sure if you were a part of that)

That sucks- what type of journo sports??

I have a mate who worked for the Geelong Addy, then moved into marketing. Did not last boss was a freak bitch and went back to journalism. Is about to start a position at the HS at Southbank.

That sucks- what type of journo sports??

I have a mate who worked for the Geelong Addy, then moved into marketing. Did not last boss was a freak bitch and went back to journalism. Is about to start a position at the HS at Southbank.

I'm still waiting for a call to tell me whether I'm successful.

It's a general news position with the ability to move into sports. The current sports journo is 85 years old and been doing it for 30 years, apparently he's pretty close to dying so they'll need someone to take over from him. The only other journalist working there (its a small publication) is my best mate, so we are looking forward to working together if I'm given the opportunity.

It's a general news position with the ability to move into sports. The current sports journo is 85 years old and been doing it for 30 years, apparently he's pretty close to dying so they'll need someone to take over from him. The only other journalist working there (its a small publication) is my best mate, so we are looking forward to working together if I'm given the opportunity.

God 85 yeah maybe time to retire give someone else a go. Mark Robinson came to our school and gave a talk to the Year 9s. His standard day (esp during the footy season) was just nuts- basically starts at 10am, doesnt stop till past midnight (game days anyway).

Did you change your bf name??

God 85 yeah maybe time to retire give someone else a go. Mark Robinson came to our school and gave a talk to the Year 9s. His standard day (esp during the footy season) was just nuts- basically starts at 10am, doesnt stop till past midnight (game days anyway).

My mate has worded me up on his role, where basically he needs to write 20 articles per week, so four a day. He said he can do all 20 on a Monday, then basically have a cruisy week and still get paid, so I don't think it will be as full on.

Yeah, Spitta2Azza > Fazza2Jazza > Ahern2Boof

Not getting my dream job. Haven't handled rejection this badly since my teenage years when I was trying to lose my virginity.
Similar thing happened to me recently. Was very keen on the job and the interviews went really well, but was told I just missed out.
giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Similar thing happened to me recently. Was very keen on the job and the interviews went really well, but was told I just missed out.
giphy.gif
There's this commercial where a dude is standing in the foreground looking nonplussed while a group of people are in the background hi-fiving each other. Saw it on At Midnight but couldn't find the video.

He really does spend a lot of time in the pub. 10am to midnight is a solid session

Our receptionist "sighing" every minute or so, acting like the weight of the world is on her shoulders. Why is it that the people with the least amount of responsibility at a workplace act like they have the most?
because receptionists think the company stops without them

Journalism isn't my background, but from experience most smaller employers/businesses don't advise unsuccessful applicants of the outcome (even when you're promised a call or email). If they do, feedback is often quite superficial.

You did indicate that you're likely to receive the position, so that might not apply. Usually happens when there's a high volume of applicants and lots of subsequent interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back