Mega Thread Things that s**t me the fourteenth part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are pretty cheap in Aldi in a big drum
Put some you will use into fresh water in a Vegemite jar in the fridge
They firm up and dont taste too salty.
The Vegemite jar is because it has a plastic lid that wont rust from the salt

Great in pasta sauces,pizzas, Spanish and chicken bakes, tangines, Niçoise , Greek and Caesar salads

I've tried curing my own from my trees once or twice. Tasted crap on their own, iirc too mushy but they were pretty decent put in a spaghetti sauce. Haven't bothered to again though.
Need to get advice from an old school Italian. That's s**t is the bomb. Vale my MIL and FIL. Back to the shi!ty store bought stuff now.

Need to get advice from an old school Italian. That's s**t is the bomb. Vale my MIL and FIL. Back to the shi!ty store bought stuff now.

I wish i had a wog consultant to teach me to make salami, passata, grow olives, maybe even my own wine. Unfortunately I married someone of Irish descent, the only thing their family can help me with is growing potatoes!

I wish i had a wog consultant to teach me to make salami, passata, grow olives, maybe even my own wine. Unfortunately I married someone of Irish descent, the only thing their family can help me with is growing potatoes!
Drinking and fighting?

My husbands family still do their own sauce, wine and sausages

I’ve got a spare daughter if the dowry passes muster

Drinking and fighting?

I'm actually descended from Irish as well (further down the line) and i come from a long line of drinkers, no schooling required. As for fighting, well i watch a lot of it so i figure I'd know what to do when needed, looks easy.

That's gold, if I ever get a divorce I'll PM you (probably have * all for a dowry after being cleaned out though)

My brothers make their own salami, passata, olives but not thier own wine.....yet. One has tried cider

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Know what shits me? Mods who do thread rollovers and include nearly two months worth of posts instead of a few days. 88 new notifications. Had to do about nine mouse clicks to find where I was up to. Nine!
What happened specifically?

Chief.

Can I please have no further thread rollover notifications?

Or, if a thread is to be locked and the next part is created, lock it then and there and no wading through threads.
I just rolled the Aus Open threads over to day 4 - are you watching any of those threads?

Know what shits me? Mods who do thread rollovers and include nearly two months worth of posts instead of a few days. 88 new notifications. Had to do about nine mouse clicks to find where I was up to. Nine!
OK so this thread was rolled over and you got a lot of notifications that your posts were moved?

From my experience unless you own a winery and make wine for a living, home made wine is usually pretty rough. I've also never had a home made grappa, rakia etc that didn't taste like it was designed to poison guests.

Home made sauce and sausages on other hand... 🤤 I've tried making sauce from fresh tomatoes, herbs etc. and it's rarely any better than the shop stuff. Should probably stick to potatoes.

I've tried curing my own from my trees once or twice. Tasted crap on their own, iirc too mushy but they were pretty decent put in a spaghetti sauce. Haven't bothered to again though.

I've got a couple of olive trees that are starting to fruit. I have NFI what to do with olives so will probably just let them fall to ground. If they aren't stolen by brazen olive thieves of course.

Current aussie shopping tech on line
Its s**t
If im checking inventory for a store it should be an up to the minute totally live system ffs.
Oh look they have them at such n such store, get there...sold out.
'Oh yeah thats not acurate i wouldnt go by that and its best to come in store to check to see if we have it'

Sure, ill drive around for 100kms check store to store you daft cow

If its scanned out at the checkout, stocks down by one online...its not hard....warehouses run this s**t everyday
And what the * does low stock mean?
One?
Seven?
Do i take a trip knowing there might be seven?... say * it low stock means one and tell the mrs she can wait as somwone will prob buy it while we are drivng down

Click n collect
Looking at you here big w
3 days to reply when we saw it on the shelf (debated about buying and didnt)
Not surprised u *s are shutting stores when u cant keep up now lol

Current aussie shopping tech on line
Its s**t
If im checking inventory for a store it should be an up to the minute totally live system ffs.
Oh look they have them at such n such store, get there...sold out.
'Oh yeah thats not acurate i wouldnt go by that and its best to come in store to check to see if we have it'

Sure, ill drive around for 100kms check store to store you daft cow

Had pretty much the same experience at Bunnings and finding the bath I needed- their system is bullshit- the woman at highpoint looking on the computer and could not even tell us whether the "one" coming up on the computer at another store was a display model or one "in stock". Long story short, took over 4 hours to get the ******* bath, when it should have been alot quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back