Mega Thread Things that s**t me the fourteenth part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tennis crowds will always s**t me. You get the immediate 5-10 seconds after a point to yell, clap, holler or make your stupid noises. When the server is settling into his serve routine, shut the fu** up. We were supposed to learn when to shut our pie holes during assembly in primary school at 7-8yo.
It's the players that s**t me. WTF can't professionals play in a noisy environment without bitching about it?

It's the players that s**t me. WTF can't professionals play in a noisy environment without bitching about it?

One arguement is that theyve been brought up to play in quiet environments. I say not necessarly true....playing juniors there's noise around, although not the yelling you'd see at a football game of course.

Golf is the same, as a golfer i like the tranquility. But if there's some general chatter, no dramas.

I haz a theory. The smaller the ball, the number of players correlates to the crowd noise.

Snooker/pool/golf/tennis - small balls and individual sports as a rule.

It's the same as golf. You can cheer and woo or whatever then the ball is in the air or rolling towards the hole, but you STFU when the player is taking their swing. Both are games of concentration and key moments.

The expectation that fans STFU at certain points isn't new and I don't know why it upsets people. Trained ac-tors can deal with noise, but you don't go to the theatre and yell "Brutus! Come onnnn!!!!" during Julius Caesar.

It's the same as golf. You can cheer and woo or whatever then the ball is in the air or rolling towards the hole, but you STFU when the player is taking their swing. Both are games of concentration and key moments.

The expectation that fans STFU at certain points isn't new and I don't know why it upsets people. Trained ac-tors can deal with noise, but you don't go to the theatre and yell "Brutus! Come onnnn!!!!" during Julius Caesar.
That's because you need to hear the dialogue I guess.

Hmm. Should crowd be hushes when players kicking for goal in footy? Like set shots? Wonder if percentages would increase for goals kicked

Hmm. Should crowd be hushes when players kicking for goal in footy? Like set shots? Wonder if percentages would increase for goals kicked

That's not the point I am making. Should tennis players, golfers etc. be able to suck it up? Probably. But the expectation on spectators for those sports is clear. If yelling and screaming is that important to you then don't go to the tennis.

That's not the point I am making. Should tennis players, golfers etc. be able to suck it up? Probably. But the expectation on spectators for those sports is clear. If yelling and screaming is that important to you then don't go to the tennis.
Hmm.
Can you yell and scream at squash? Or table tennis?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you have them at home and are intending to return at a later time to consume them?

I guess you could say you have grape expectations.
source.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back