Mega Thread Things that s**t me the fourteenth part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just a couple of things to s**t me this morning. Walking to the local supermarket in the rain, daydreaming about the bag of lovely licorice allsorts I'll buy, and hoping I'll have the willpower to get home before carefully snipping the corner of the bag off and dispensing one or two of the delicious chunky morsels into the palm of my hand before nibbling at one's firm but sweet outer layer as a taste of things to come. Get to the supermarket and the *ers have sold out.

And Google.

Google Maps. It's the 15th Anniversary of Google Maps. What does Google do? Throw a party? Reroute dickhead drivers so the faster they go the longer their route gets? No. Nothing like that. They released New Google Maps AND TOTALLY ****ed IT.

Took half an hour to go less than a km this morning. Called up google maps so that I could see if it was area-wide or if the problem stopped a bit further ahead.
Eventually, up comes NEW GOOGLE MAPS! With the top quarter of the screen covered with the search bar and buttons for Restaurants and Petrol and Coffee. The bottom third is taken up by an Explore Nearby box. Below that are five tabs for Explore, Commut, Saved, Contribut and Updates. Map is a small rectangle in the middle of the screen with NO ******* TRAFFIC. How do I get rid of all this extraneous s**t? How to I turn on traffic? WTF is a commut or contribut? Have they come from an Ikea catalogue?

Click on Updates, maybe it will help with this new version of crap. No! Welcome! Enjoy events and places, picked just for you? WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT??? Maybe contribut could help. No! It won't tell me where I am or what the roads are like, but I can write reviews and add photos! Take pic out the windscreen, review Forsyth Rd - 1 star, traffic is s**t, avoid! How useful!

I found a checkbox for Traffic somewhere. I ticked it and returned to maps. Could Not Connect.

Now I'm home I have no idea where it was. Certainly nowhere obvious. And it still sits there with this dumb as dogshit map half the size of my phone screen not showing traffic.

Maybe Google is hoping we'll all rush out and buy cheap satnav units to replace their now-completely-rooted app?

campaigners.

The lack of quality male sport on this weekend, the Big Bash has finished and the AFL is still a month or so away.

So now we get the AFLW taking centre stage and getting more attention than it deserves.

The first AFLW Western Derby getting the hype of a regular Western Derby in Perth with a big crowd but it's just another terrible one sided contest.

I can't recall an AFLW game that has been genuinely exciting that has gone down to the wire, it's usually a score of 40 odd points vs 12 points or less.

Give me Womens cricket over AFLW any day of the week, at least you can get a decent contest plus you get the added bonus of watching Ellyse Perry.

The lack of quality male sport on this weekend, the Big Bash has finished and the AFL is still a month or so away.

So now we get the AFLW taking centre stage and getting more attention than it deserves.

The first AFLW Western Derby getting the hype of a regular Western Derby in Perth with a big crowd but it's just another terrible one sided contest.

I can't recall an AFLW game that has been genuinely exciting that has gone down to the wire, it's usually a score of 40 odd points vs 12 points or less.

Give me Womens cricket over AFLW any day of the week, at least you can get a decent contest plus you get the added bonus of watching Ellyse Perry.
You are even more anti-women than Scotland and Bomberboyokay!

The recent axing of Channel 7 state travel shows such as SA Weekender, Victoria's The Great Weekend, Sydney Weekender, Queensland Weekender and another Queensland based show The Great Day Out.

These shows were interesting and informative, giving plenty of exposure to locations, attractions and businesses in these states and Australian tourists travel ideas when holidaying interstate, or people from these states intra-state or day trip suggestions. And with Australian tourism struggling a bit at present with natural disasters and the Coronavirus outbreak it is pretty sad that these shows that promoted tourism have gone.

I hear you brother - it also shits me that the NBL is currently on Kayo, why do they keep forcing us to watch all this stuff we don't like?

Might be a sign of not letting tv run your life. Get out and do something else

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

The West Coast AFLW team doing a good impression of Freo in their first AFL derby getting absolutely thrashed.

You are even more anti-women than Scotland and Bomberboyokay!

I'm not anti women just because I think AFLW is garbage, there are plenty of womens sports I think are OK like cricket, tennis and beach volleyball.

Might be a sign of not letting tv run your life. Get out and do something else

Maybe I should pretend to send this post from a mobile so it looks I'm getting out and doing something else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not anti women just because I think AFLW is garbage, there are plenty of womens sports I think are OK like cricket, tennis and beach volleyball.
That's fair but then why always crap on about it as sport, why even pay any attention to it whatsoever?

I mean, netball is popular but imo it's one of the most ****in stupid and lamest sports on the planet. But I don't sit down and watch them play it, then have big whinges about it.

That's fair but then why always crap on about it as sport, why even pay any attention to it whatsoever?

I mean, netball is popular but imo it's one of the most ****in stupid and lamest sports on the planet. But I don't sit down and watch them play it, then have big whinges about it.
Jarryd Hayne effect, pumped up as being amazing before even being established.

The West Coast AFLW team doing a good impression of Freo in their first AFL derby getting absolutely thrashed.

Maybe I should pretend to send this post from a mobile so it looks I'm getting out and doing something else.

You might not think you're anti women but you just bitches about the fact you could watch women play football this weekend and not men.

How many weeks of the year do they televise women's football vs men's?
It's the ******* off season for men's footy grow up

Because it gets more attention and coverage than it deserves, I don't watch AFLW that much but I've watched it enough to know I've hardly ever seen a close game that is worth watching, look at the AFLW derby today, a big crowd turned up to watch Freo run all over West Coast, it wasn't even a contest.

At least with netball, crcket, tennis, beach volleyball you get to see a close contest, maybe AFLW will improve but it's been like this for the last 3 years.

You might not think you're anti women but you just bitches about the fact you could watch women play football this weekend and not men.

How many weeks of the year do they televise women's football vs men's?
It's the ******* off season for men's footy grow up

Why is there so much hostility when people point out that AFLW isn't that great to watch?

I'm more interested now St Kilda has an AFLW team but I'm not clearing my schedule to watch their games like I do with the St Kilda mens team.

Last edited:
Why is their so much hostility when people point out that AFLW isn't that great to watch?

I'm more interested now St Kilda has an AFLW team but I'm not clearing my schedule to watch their games like I do with the St Kilda mens team.
Why do you and so many other feel the need to bring it down?
Dont like it don't watch. Same as you do with any other sport or league that doesn't interest you.

You specified that you were annoyed by the lack of good men's Sport on this weekend. You could have left it at that, you could have bitches about the male sport that was on that you don't like

But no you went for aflw, almost like that was what you wanted to bitch about and you've done nothing in any follow up posts to make me think it wasn't your target all along.

Don't like it don't watch.

I reckon cricket is a sport that isn't noticeably different between men and women when watching on TV.

I'm not against AFLW, I think it's a good thing that women now have a pathway into playing AFL but their games aren't worthy of the coverage they get.

Maybe in a few more years they will be but at the moment most AFLW games are boring as batshit, with all these new teams it's not competitive.

Womens cricket is still way ahead of AFLW, the upcoming Womens T20 World Cup will be competitive, Australia, England, NZ & India could all win it.

My favourite tennis match from the last Australian Open was Kenin beating Barty in the semi final, that was super competitive, a great match.

I reckon cricket is a sport that isn't noticeably different between men and women when watching on TV.

I'd say that about tennis, not cricket.

I'd always watch a mens cricket match ahead of a womens cricket match, sometimes I'll watch a womens tennis match ahead of a mens tennis match.

Like Kenin v Barty ahead of Federer v Nadal for the hundredth time.

Last edited:
The boundaries are noticeable though. How far do the women want the rope, it’s like playing juniors again.

That's the main knock on women's cricket, technically they are as good as the men but they lack the hitting power to get the 4s and 6s.

Especially in the middle to lower order, some of the top order women like Healy, Gardner, Perry and Lanning can find the rope, maybe not Healy anymore.

Like you will see 30 needed off 18 balls which is very doable in a Mens T20 but in a Womens T20 that is almost impossible for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back