Mega Thread Things that Shit me the Thirteenth

MarcusP2

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Zona Cardinals, Yankees
MEB my friend just had their new MItsubishi Outlander blow it's transmission. $4k to replace and also just out of warranty. Also have a friend that has gone through 5 clutches and a gearbox (under warranty) in their Ford Fiesta. Easy to see why Kia and others that have moved to 5-7 year warranties are gaining traction.
Most everywhere have 5 year warranties because of this now (Ford, Mitsubishi, Toyota, Mazda, Skoda, etc.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Gold Coast
MEB my friend just had their new MItsubishi Outlander blow it's transmission. $4k to replace and also just out of warranty. Also have a friend that has gone through 5 clutches and a gearbox (under warranty) in their Ford Fiesta. Easy to see why Kia and others that have moved to 5-7 year warranties are gaining traction.
Five clutches? WHAT?

GreyCrow

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Redskins , White Sox
People who buy near an airport then complain about the plane noise
Today Tonight had a story about a Mandurah woman complaining about a tree on her ''verge'' driveway

Yeah love it wasnt there when you bought it was it?

Edit: Maybe I should stop watching TT

AFL Club
Gold Coast
And then you could focus on tin foil hat conspiracies and post about them endlessly on a board where absolutely no-one is listening?
Nah, I'll pass on the TV and that bullshit thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Gold Coast
Off the top of my head it was something to do with the CVT(?) automatic transmission. Should have clarified it was an auto so people didn't think my friend was just a rubbish driver.
Yeah, there's no clutch, as in manual pressure plate mechanism etc in an auto or CVT.
CVT's are just so much shit.
I'm actually taking a mate of mine into town today because the CVT in his VW Amarok has let go completely for the 2nd time in 6 months.
Look good on paper, smooth to drive but just pieces of crap.

WCErevival

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
Off the top of my head it was something to do with the CVT(?) automatic transmission. Should have clarified it was an auto so people didn't think my friend was just a rubbish driver.
There is a problem with all the focus and fiesta dual clutch autos from a few years ago. Some people sued Ford and many got a new car out of it.

tryitout

Team Captain
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah, there's no clutch, as in manual pressure plate mechanism etc in an auto or CVT.
CVT's are just so much shit.
I'm actually taking a mate of mine into town today because the CVT in his VW Amarok has let go completely for the 2nd time in 6 months.
Look good on paper, smooth to drive but just pieces of crap.
Automatics do contain a clutch, by the way. Not a manually operated clutch but a clutch system within the torque converter.

Top Bottom