Mega Thread Things that s**t me the Thirteenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe hope , spoke with the vet and they can operate and remove the tumor that has grown in his spleen, no guarantees, but she said she would try it if it was her dog

When vets tell you there’s hope saying they would do it if it was their dog. They operate charge you $2000 send you home 12 hours later your dog is worse so you go back only to for them to tell you there’s nothing more you can do, put your pet down and charge another $500.
Source: Personal experience.

BTW - sorry to hear about your pup.

When vets tell you there’s hope saying they would do it if it was their dog. They operate charge you $2000 send you home 12 hours later your dog is worse so you go back only to for them to tell you there’s nothing more you can do, put your pet down and charge another $500.

i know that, we have been seeing this vet for years and they wouldn't try to stitch us up, she explained the risks and we are willing to spend the money

It sucks her cat died but you don't need to split the atom to figure why it happened.
and you don't need to take the death of a pet as an opportunity to bring out your soap box on one of your personal crusades yet here we are

and you don't need to take the death of a pet as an opportunity to bring out your soap box on one of your personal crusades yet here we are

No, it shits me (and this is the s**t me thread). We have some genuinely sad stories about people taking their pets to the vet. And we have a bozo chipping in with "My cat got run over because I thought letting it wander was a good idea. Turns out cats aren't as fast as cars. Oh well, que será será. I bought a new one."

No, it shits me (and this is the s**t me thread). We have some genuinely sad stories about people taking their pets to the vet. And we have a bozo chipping in with "My cat got run over because I thought letting it wander was a good idea. Turns out cats aren't as fast as cars. Oh well, que será será. I bought a new one."
Were you one of the guys in the Phil Hughes thread saying he played a stupid shot by any chance?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Piffle my sister is a vet nurse. It's not all about money.

:rolleyes: you have no soul

:rolleyes: you have no soul

dream%2Bboat.png

Humans aren't as fast as cars either, pitty we can't prevent a lot of them from leaving the house though.

R.e. pets, we first noticed something was off with our Staffy 8 years ago when we noticed that a patch of grass was muddier/wetter than normal.
That was the closest patch near the patio.
He didn't seem to want to walk further in to the backyard to piss or s**t.
He also couldn't muster up the strength to jump up on my bed either so I always picked him up.
Then he pissed by the backdoor inside a few times.

Finally, the kicker.
He was shitting blood.

His organs were failing and, by August 31 2010, it was time to end his pain.

The strange thing was, at the start of the year, he seemed alright.

Our vets say it happens very quickly. Our Maltese was running around like a pup on the Tuesday and by Thursday was so sick and was diagnosed with a massive Tumor and gone by Friday. One of the worst weeks of my life - been 5 years and it still causes me much pain even with a delightful new addition to the family

I'll never forget the day we had to put Snow to sleep in particular. We were trying to make her better, giving her meds everyday (which clearly were not working)- mum made the call when she picked me up from my retail job i was at, at the time.

We got home Snow was just lying in the sun at the top of the driveway, when i picked her up to go to the vet she just "flopped" in my arms. :'(

Our old dog was fine one night and then the next morning couldn't move. Took her to the Vet and it turns out she had a cyst on her spleen that ruptured. We had to put her down that afternoon. That was really tough. It'll be 8 years ago in a week or so and I still miss her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back