Mega Thread Things that s**t me the Thirteenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outstanding. I'm very pleased to hear that you aren't needy. Time wasting does seem to be your forte though .. <shoulder shrug>

Any thoughts on "the" JLT?
Well I can do that multitasking thingy so what might appear at a casual glance to be wasting time is, quite possibly in fact, just something I'm doing whilst I'm also doing something else that's rather quite technical and of great importance.

Well I can do that multitasking thingy so what might appear at a casual glance to be wasting time is, quite possibly in fact, just something I'm doing whilst I'm also doing something else that's rather quite technical and of great importance.
Very good, you have no idea how impressed I am at your ability to "feminist"

Have you considered a novated lease? Car payments deducted from your pay pre-tax. Essentially reducing your taxable income. In some cases these leases will include servicing and other maintenance costs. The secret is to make sure you have a degree of job security
Oh great idea, hadn't thought of it, but I'm hoping to have another baby soon so probably wouldn't be a great move.

It's also been a long time since I had a novated lease on a vehicle. The amount of kms was used as the basis for calculating the rate of fringe benefits tax payable. Low kms meant higher FBT rate which meant there wasn't a lot to be gained for you from the novated lease over just buying a car normally.

Could've changed but

It's also been a long time since I had a novated lease on a vehicle. The amount of kms was used as the basis for calculating the rate of fringe benefits tax payable. Low kms meant higher FBT rate which meant there wasn't a lot to be gained for you from the novated lease over just buying a car normally.

Could've changed but
Yeah that's it. Cheers.

Got the do not call register scam phone call twice.

Are you sick of all the nuisance calls we will make them stop.
Good I will stop it now
Hang up

5 minutes later same guy
Rinse and repeat

Doctors. Been sitting here for 40 minutes past my appointment and my GP hasn’t been out yet to even call the next patient that’s in front of me.. I know they can’t help it but **** it shits me.
I always wonder how late they finish some days

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doctors. Been sitting here for 40 minutes past my appointment and my GP hasn’t been out yet to even call the next patient that’s in front of me.. I know they can’t help it but **** it shits me.

Maybe they found a cancer.

Renovations. Will be great when it’s completed at the end of the month but I probably should have booked a holiday. Basically one room of the house is in order at the moment.
I have friends who said they are lucky to still be married after they stayed living in their house while it was being renovated.

I have friends who said they are lucky to still be married after they stayed living in their house while it was being renovated.
A friend of mine's parents have a house which I've been going to since 1983 and in that time it's been in a constant state of renovation. His old man is a now retired school teacher who fancies himself as a home handyman so he would get the buiders in for basic bones and task himself with finishing the rest. Problem is he is useless at actually finishing jobs and I can remember light switches hanging off walls for years at a time. Now he's to old to finish what needs to be done and the house is like a dark maze.

A friend of mine's parents have a house which I've been going to since 1983 and in that time it's been in a constant state of renovation. His old man is a now retired school teacher who fancies himself as a home handyman so he would get the buiders in for basic bones and task himself with finishing the rest. Problem is he is useless at actually finishing jobs and I can remember light switches hanging off walls for years at a time. Now he's to old to finish what needs to be done and the house is like a dark maze.
Lol with inbred hillbillies living in the walls? :)

Could've changed but
Has changed, about 5 years ago I think? Now flat 20% FBT on all novated leases.

However keep in mind you don't actually own the car (as implied by the term lease). After the lease is up (usually 3 years) you have to buy the car (at the probably-inflated price the lessor comes up with), or extend the lease.

Has changed, about 5 years ago I think? Now flat 20% FBT on all novated leases.

However keep in mind you don't actually own the car (as implied by the term lease). After the lease is up (usually 3 years) you have to buy the car (at the probably-inflated price the lessor comes up with), or extend the lease.

Cool, thanks for the updated info!
:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back