Things That s**t Me (Video Game edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

that its now acceptable for "season passes" to cost more then the game.

and the mentality of people thinking micro-transactions are fine because only dumb c**ts use them. Just wait till shooters turn into Ultimate team and all the good stuff is going to be accessed only from packages and people will spend thousands every year on the same game. It will be base guns with the game then they will ad updates where better more powerful guns are locked in care packages with a low chance of getting them

and the mentality of people thinking micro-transactions are fine because only dumb c**ts use them. Just wait till shooters turn into Ultimate team and all the good stuff is going to be accessed only from packages and people will spend thousands every year on the same game. It will be base guns with the game then they will ad updates where better more powerful guns are locked in care packages with a low chance of getting them

Yup

It's creating a have and have nots in gaming

Kids are stealing money to buy season passes, gaming is healthy pastime in moderation but they want us to be addicted to it. I'm an addiction counsellor and have many clients referred to gaming addiction. I'm not blaming Sony or Microsoft but they are part of the problem

It's a massive concern for me

Microtransactions are fine.

But there's a difference between what is not acceptable microtransactions and what is.

You can't blame microtransactions or the people that like them, under the guise that some can become unfair in the future.

I'm fine with season passes if they provide meaningful extra content that doesn't unbalance a multiplayer game.

Obviously non multiplayer stuff, they can go mad. I'm getting my Fallout season pass tonight.

For multiplayer, a few extra maps, cosmetic stuff, and extra guns that aren't ridiculously OP compared to the std ones is fine by me

Microtransactions are fine.

But there's a difference between what is not acceptable microtransactions and what is.

You can't blame microtransactions or the people that like them, under the guise that some can become unfair in the future.

Microtransactions are not fine. they are predatory. Its unregulated gambling aimed at underage people thats why they let you pay using pay pal/PSN/Xbox cards and not only credit cards. Publishers now see how much they can make from inserting them into games and locking items in packs [Sure you can get in game currency playing but with how rare they make the items it lures people into using real money]. the youth have less self control now in this instant [Insert whatever you want] world and they are being led into a gambling/junkie/addictive lifestyle with no real rewards and spending thousands every year to get a good FIFA team the repeating when the next game comes out. and the more people use them the more likely publishers will be to tell the game studio to hold off more content and lock it behind packs or whatever they use to sell content.

5 years ago who thought that season passes would cost more then $35 let along $70-$80. and most of the season passes dont even have good enough value for the money when they charge the price of a full new release game.

Microtransactions are not fine. they are predatory. Its unregulated gambling aimed at underage people thats why they let you pay using pay pal/PSN/Xbox cards and not only credit cards. Publishers now see how much they can make from inserting them into games and locking items in packs [Sure you can get in game currency playing but with how rare they make the items it lures people into using real money]. the youth have less self control now in this instant [Insert whatever you want] world and they are being led into a gambling/junkie/addictive lifestyle with no real rewards and spending thousands every year to get a good FIFA team the repeating when the next game comes out. and the more people use them the more likely publishers will be to tell the game studio to hold off more content and lock it behind packs or whatever they use to sell content.

5 years ago who thought that season passes would cost more then $35 let along $70-$80. and most of the season passes dont even have good enough value for the money when they charge the price of a full new release game.
Back in my day, extra content was unlockable through your own skill and pre-programmed into the game ...

[/old man ranting]

Back in my day, extra content was unlockable through your own skill and pre-programmed into the game ...

[/old man ranting]

I always bitch about this to my friends. I used to love swapping skins with a code or unlocking a weapon...still have some old cheat code books. It certainly does suck balls the way it's heading.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think the price of a season pass matches the content?

Don't buy it.

Nothing wrong with game developers wanting to charge for extra content that they have put their hard work into.

As for unregulated gambling, lol, I'm sure it's not invalid but to imply it's on the same scale as gambling for monetary reward is laughable.

Just sounds like whinging from people who want to play games for free.

I just bought Watchdogs for 12 dollars yesterday.

I bought Call of Duty for 70 dollars when it came out, and bought the season pass for 50, a total of 120 dollars but I've played 220 hours already. And I still have 3 more DLC packs that comes with the season pass.

That's not to say all microtransactions or season passes aren't rorting the public, like Evolve or Star Wars Battlefield, but to say it's all bad is cynical whinging.

That's not to say all microtransactions or season passes aren't rorting the public, like Evolve or Star Wars Battlefield, but to say it's all bad is cynical whinging.

I brought Star Wars for 65, and the season pass is 50 I think, so all up if I end up spending 115 on game I've had a lot of fun with, I don't consider that a rip off.

TLOU is excellent

It lets you choose different ways to tackle the game and you need different approaches all the way through

Yes it's on rails in terms of point A to point B but it's suspense factor is excellent and there is genuine satisfaction when you get past a bunch of runners or clickers (nasty nasty)

And TLOU done something I've never seen before in what is essentially a shooting game, and have these long quiet exploration moments, that really added to the experience more than rushing through endless waves of enemies.

This.

latest

And TLOU done something I've never seen before in what is essentially a shooting game, and have these long quiet exploration moments, that really added to the experience more than rushing through endless waves of enemies.

It's balanced

The story intertwines itself into the action better than most games I've ever played

The story and action compliment each other, you're never thinking oh hurry so I can get back to blasting baddies. I'm often thinking ok wow I've made through another section alive - now what's happening next

I don't know if anyone else has taken the time to read through Ubisoft's new EULA, but basically, from what I can make of it, they have the rights to claim ownership over any user generated content created for any of their games, use this content as if it were there own, claim IP to it, and could sell it as an official release or expansion or something, and not owe the actual creator anything.

I am up to that part with Ellie where you gotta keep the clickers/infected coming in after the deer part.

Hardest part of the game.

I've just got up the car where Ellie is about to start it

Not sure what % that is ...no idea

Love the Molotov cocktails ........best weapon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back