Things That s**t Me (Video Game edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with you there Darth, if anything, the modern gamers these days need to understand that above all, The Story overrides the "Aesthetic".
It might look good, but if it plays like s**t or the Story isn't interesting, then whats the point?

Lol what? Story overrides aesthetic? WTF?

How about gameplay overrides everything else. Everything.

AFL games... AFL is the most dynamic ball sport in the world. There will never be a truly good one (except the classic AFL 99). The fraction of development resources of other games combined with a far more complex sport.

Last edited:
I don't mind big patches when they add new stuff to the game (like bots in Doom) but when they're just fixes to something that should never have been broken, then I get annoyed (Master Chief Collection).

Other pet peeves:

The lack of bots in modern FPS
The lack of splitscreen in modern racing games
No TimeSplitters 4
Too much smoke and other fancy effects which makes it hard to know what's going on. I think the Battlefield series peaked at 2 largely because of this. I also miss the Commander mode
The fact Command and Conquer Renegade didn't become a massive franchise. FPS + RTS = my idea of the perfect game
The poor quality of AFL games
The fact the PS Vita wasn't an Xperia Play 2
Crappy ports. It used to be consoles getting crappy PC ports, but now it's the other way around (Arkham Knight)
The fact that the Age of Empires series has devolved to Age of Empires: Castle Siege
No sequel to Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Backwards compatibility isn't universal
The relatively low specs of the PS4/Xbox One compared to previous generations
The death of the manual
No Half-Life 3
Perfect Dark had an array of bot types for multiplayer. I spent hundreds of hours playing thanks to that.

Nintendo letting you rent a NES or SNES ROM for a month (and only a month) to justify the cost of online and actually being proud of the idea

Seriously, do they exist in the real world at all these days?
What, you don't even get to keep the games? That's so stingy, especially considering the games are 20 plus years old.

20+gb patches.

Lookin at you, Doom.

It wouldn't be too bad if you could pause them and resume them later but on the PS4 if you pause an update and turn off your system you'll lose everything you've downloaded (at least from my own personal experience). Normal downloads on the PS4 can be resumed even after turning the system off but for some reason update files are the exception.

The entitled brats on the Playstation blog who lose their s**t every month when they don't get a 99 dollar AAA game for free as part of Playstation Plus.

Hearing those idiotic kids talk down an all time classic like Day of the Tentacle made me want to vomit blood. They wouldn't know a good game if it punched them in the face.

Lol that's me.

PlayStatios free games definitely aren't as big name as the Xbox ones.

It is a shame the PS services are so far behind, I do think it's a better system technically but just has more to offer.

Sent from mTalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It helps xbox has BC. You get some classic games free with gold. Hard for ps4 to do the same as the catalogue is newer/smaller

Even on Xbox though you're getting Tomb Raider, Forza, Sunset Overdrive, The Club, and more, all current gen releases.

Sent from mTalk

Yeah don't think there's any question that XB gets better quality and more triple As on their service than PS.

Still, thats not why I don't like it - its the requirement for online play. Complete BS, would have dropped PS+ months ago if I didn't still play Rocket League regularly.

PS+ is a shitty service no doubt about it. Don't have an Xbone but don't recall ever having the troubles I've had with PSN on Xbox live last gen.

If PS online didn't cost a comparable amount to Xbox it wouldn't be a big deal, but the fact there's only $10 difference isn't good enough.

I dunno, free online experience is generally crap online experience. Happy to pay a reasonable fee for reasonable service, i've been paying Xbox for 12
years

I'm resigned to paid online as well but one 20 year old game for a month is beyond crappy

The entitled brats on the Playstation blog who lose their s**t every month when they don't get a 99 dollar AAA game for free as part of Playstation Plus.

Hearing those idiotic kids talk down an all time classic like Day of the Tentacle made me want to vomit blood. They wouldn't know a good game if it punched them in the face.

DOTT is my favourite PC game of all time

DOTT is my favourite PC game of all time
The remaster is so well done, too. Just perfect. Can even switch between the old and new graphics whenever you want to have a look at the comparisons. I thoroughly enjoyed it, despite beating it many times on PC as a kid.

The remaster is so well done, too. Just perfect. Can even switch between the old and new graphics whenever you want to have a look at the comparisons. I thoroughly enjoyed it, despite beating it many times on PC as a kid.

It came out a few years prior to the Internet too so you had to solve every puzzle on your own or get help from someone you knew. Used to love Adventure games back then.

I remember that one puzzle in DOTT near the end where you had to close an open door to find keys still in the lock to open a trunk. I looked for those keys for months!

It came out a few years prior to the Internet too so you had to solve every puzzle on your own or get help from someone you knew. Used to love Adventure games back then.
or use a photocopy of a photocopy of a photocopy from some strategy guide or magazine

Zac MacKracken was the same. Had to have secret codes to fly anywhere

or use a photocopy of a photocopy of a photocopy from some strategy guide or magazine

Zac MacKracken was the same. Had to have secret codes to fly anywhere

I've still got the original copy protection for Monkey Island floating around somewhere which was a spinwheel you had to use to align symbols to decipher a code. Wouldn't do too much to deter piracy these days :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back