Things That s**t Me (Video Game edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

I've still got the original copy protection for Monkey Island floating around somewhere which was a spinwheel you had to use to align symbols to decipher a code. Wouldn't do too much to deter piracy these days :D

Oooh I remember dat Monkey Wheel. Somehow I got hold of a photocopied version of it

or use a photocopy of a photocopy of a photocopy from some strategy guide or magazine

Zac MacKracken was the same. Had to have secret codes to fly anywhere

Oh yeah I forgot about gaming mags too. They helped. I always wondered if they had links with the developers to be able to solve the puzzles or just solved them on their own

Oooh I remember dat Monkey Wheel. Somehow I got hold of a photocopied version of it
Classic

dialapirate.jpg

Oh yeah I forgot about gaming mags too. They helped. I always wondered if they had links with the developers to be able to solve the puzzles or just solved them on their own
I still have N64 Gamer mags. Five years after they bit the dust, I finally got the naughty jokes.

I still have N64 Gamer mags. Five years after they bit the dust, I finally got the naughty jokes.
I've got boxes of SNES era games mags in the shed at my mums house. I keep meaning to dig them out when I visit. The ads are hilarious.

I've still got the majority my gaming mags at the olds. Some C+VG go back to 1991. Mostly Hyper and almost every volume of N64 Gamer

Also collected Retro Gamer from about 2009-2011

I've still got the majority my gaming mags at the olds. Some C+VG go back to 1991. Mostly Hyper and almost every volume of N64 Gamer

Man wish i still kept a few,bought the ones you mentioned aswell as GameMaster, but the one's i loved were Zzap64 and think it was just called C64- demo data cassettes were just the best,

Man wish i still kept a few,bought the ones you mentioned aswell as GameMaster, but the one's i loved were Zzap64 and think it was just called C64- demo data cassettes were just the best,

One of the perks of having the hoarder gene in my family :p

Last time I was down there I remember seeing the original boxes for NES, SNES and N64 in excellent condition, all of them.

Wonder how much they are worth

One of the perks of having the hoarder gene in my family :p

Last time I was down there I remember seeing the original boxes for NES, SNES and N64 in excellent condition, all of them.

Wonder how much they are worth

I like video game console boxes. Got NES, SNES, N64, the Xbox's and a PS4

Sent from mTalk

I got rid of my old Hyper (from the SNES/MD era to around the dawn of the 32-bit era, with the odd PS2-era mag in there too) and OAPSM (from the PSone era) collection a couple of years ago. I still have the OAPSM demo discs though!

These days I collect Game Informer (AU version) and the Retro Gamer Year Books or whatever they're called.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collected Nintendo Magazine System, Sega Megazone, Hyper and many other off-shoot magazines over the years (various overseas magazines like Gamepro, and Aussie editions of Playstation, xbox magazine etc).

I actually binned them a few years ago, I held on to them for so long (because $3.95, $4.95 per month - and they would increase over the years $5.95 etc) I viewed it like throwing away thousands of dollars, and yes I say thousands of dollars because at the height of my interest.... I'd spend anywhere from $20 - $50+ per month (admittedly not just on video game magazines... as I got older I also got the FHM/RALPH's, pro wrestling mags etc).

Even though I'd trawl through and re-read them (once a year or so), I decided to throw them out to clear out space... so yes I eventually did throw away thousands of dollars worth of magazines.

Will never forget taking a Gamepro magazine to school and someone stole it from my desk. I knew who it was as he was eyeing it off when I'd read it. He claimed his cousin had the same magazine... so I got the magazine back the next day (with the same marks from MY copy :p) minus a few pages torn out, including a Street Fighter 2 article.

When you buy a new game, go home and chuck it in the console, to be greeted with the message that it needs a 38gb update (!!) before I can play it.

Been downloading for the past four hours, and it has been stuck on 74% for over 100 minutes. Not the first time this has happened. Will be taking it back tomorrow.

When you buy a new game, go home and chuck it in the console, to be greeted with the message that it needs a 38gb update (!!) before I can play it.

Been downloading for the past four hours, and it has been stuck on 74% for over 100 minutes. Not the first time this has happened. Will be taking it back tomorrow.
Which game is this

I may be a tad weird, but I get excited for updates or patches :oops: Even when it's brand new, I like being up to date :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back