Opinion Things to look forward to in Season 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy Saints fans belting out the song at the end of games a lot more often.

Yeah, at the end of the year I want to be able to say how wrong I've been about everything I have whinged about for 4 years. I want to get back to being the idiot optimist again.

I'm really interested to see how we use Battle. I thought he had a great season this year playing as a back. It seems, reading between the lines of some of Gallagher's comments, that we might move him back up forward. He is seriously talented, can't wait to see what he brings in 2020.

This. The kid proved to be the steal of his draft year and has the swagger of a high level key forward......can't wait to see how that pans out....

Hi Folks,
Please excuse the intrusion. I have Jack Bytel in a keeper league. How is his back coming along and is he likely to be playing footy this coming season?
Cheers.

Hi Folks,
Please excuse the intrusion. I have Jack Bytel in a keeper league. How is his back coming along and is he likely to be playing footy this coming season?
Cheers.

He's supposed to be in full training. So i'd expect him to be a similar status to a highly rated draftee who has missed over a year of footy.
Surely there will be some VFL games early in the season, but i for one hope he gets a shot and breaks into our midfield.

Seriously what is the deal with the Bytel hype? Because he beat Sam Walsh head to head when they were 15?

From what I gather he's a big bodied and skilled inside mid who was very highly rated. Why wouldn't people be excited to finally see him play?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously what is the deal with the Bytel hype? Because he beat Sam Walsh head to head when they were 15?
We love to pump up unicorns down at the Saints Joop, you should know that by now! 😏

I also gave Craig Lambert a towelling when i was 15 and look where that got me!

Hunter Clark in the midfield!

Max King will be damn exciting, but realistically he will take a few years yet.

However, everything is in place for Hunter to absolutely explode all over the AFL in 2020 ...
Love the terminology Animal! 😮

I'm having visions of Randy from South Park exploding all over the place!

Geary should not be in our starting 22....simple.

Okay.

I think if you look at how many we have turned over in the last few years that's very unlikely. You need some continuity. We will have up to 11 changes from out round 1 2018 side, most gone off the list. Blake our second most effective player in that one.

Looking forward to having some luck with injuries this year!
Would love to see Paddy get himself right and potentially become the player he was drafted to be. Almost everyone seems to have given up on him but he still has the talent if he can get hid body right.
20 games for King would be sexual too.

Okay.

I think if you look at how many we have turned over in the last few years that's very unlikely. You need some continuity. We will have up to 11 changes from out round 1 2018 side, most gone off the list. Blake our second most effective player in that one.

how many changes for brisbane since then?

I don't understand the loss of Josh Bruce.
He always played well against RFC.
Averaging two goals per match is a good return.
A tall key forward.
Stunned by the move TBH.
Always would like to see St Kilda claim a flag, my older brother tried out in the ruck many years ago in the U19's era.

Last edited:
I don't understand the loss of Josh Bruce.
He always played well against RFC.
Averaging two goals per match is a good return.
A tall key forward.
Stunned by the move TBH.
Always would like to see St Kilda claim a flag, my older brother tried out in the ruck many years ago in the U19's era.
From all reports he wanted out.. talking to the dogs mid-season if you listen to some, similar to Hill with Freo and us, was just the inevitable, tried to keep him but at the end of the day if someone wants to leave because they are being offered more I think it’s in the best interests of both parties to get that done, Essendon get praised for keeping Daniher and Fantasia yet people are quick to forget they now have a locker room with two blokes who’ve fronted up to the club and blatantly told them they don’t want to be there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back