Opinion Things to look forward to in Season 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously what is the deal with the Bytel hype? Because he beat Sam Walsh head to head when they were 15?
Had a really good underage year and we desperately need mids.....so probably more hope than anything.

From all reports he wanted out.. talking to the dogs mid-season if you listen to some, similar to Hill with Freo and us, was just the inevitable, tried to keep him but at the end of the day if someone wants to leave because they are being offered more I think it’s in the best interests of both parties to get that done, Essendon get praised for keeping Daniher and Fantasia yet people are quick to forget they now have a locker room with two blokes who’ve fronted up to the club and blatantly told them they don’t want to be there

Not sure that Bruce was quite like that, I think he wanted a contract extension, ( probably seeing King and Mayo drafted ) and we wouldn't give him one. Dogs were willing to give him a high paying contract that will take him into his 30's.
I see it as a business decision.

tim_saints

Premiership Player
Jul 16, 2008
Wonga Park
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles - MUFC
Not sure that Bruce was quite like that, I think he wanted a contract extension, ( probably seeing King and Mayo drafted ) and we wouldn't give him one. Dogs were willing to give him a high paying contract that will take him into his 30's.
I see it as a business decision.
Yeah can’t say I don’t agree with you, it wouldn’t shock me if he was in talks during the year though but in saying that if he club had given him the feeling he wasn’t going to be required past this season I don’t really have an issue with it.

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
more of my informative and insightful posting that makes BF such a great place

A few people have mentioned it but selection integrity for me. The next player I see play a hundred and twenty odd games consecutively would want to be performing at Hayes level rather than Newnes level.
I do set a pretty high standard..

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
I don't understand the loss of Josh Bruce.
He always played well against RFC.
Averaging two goals per match is a good return.
A tall key forward.
Stunned by the move TBH.
Always would like to see St Kilda claim a flag, my older brother tried out in the ruck many years ago in the U19's era.
Bruce is a very good 2nd forward but not quite the business as a number 1.
Paddy McCartin was supposed to be that guy, but since that's not going to happen the list is resetting around Max King and our younger brigade who show more promise.
Saints needed some trade value, Brucey was it. Carlisle next year probably. .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
Mayes, spell check or bad typing got me.
No May is right man!

I think i've completely lost it...Senility has kicked in early...But twas a serious chicken brother
Who is Robertson?

Edit...Clearly i have lost it...I actually typed question and Chicken came out! WTF? :oops:

No May is right man!

I think i've completely lost it...Senility has kicked in early...But twas a serious chicken brother
Who is Robertson?

Edit...Clearly i have lost it...I actually typed question and Chicken came out! WTF? :oops:

This guy.

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
What would you prefer...

Max and Bytel to play 12+ games each and show real promise and excitement for the future

Or...

McCartin and Roberton to make successful returns and Paddy to finally hit his straps and show the world why he was #1
Max and Bytel for sure.

The reason for McCartin's selection was made apparent by Trout's sacking. If he has a retirement with no further mental health issues, I'd take that as a success at this point.

Our list managers have moved on from depending on either Paddy or Robbo, and so have I.

Last edited:

St Muir

All Australian
Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
What would you prefer...

Max and Bytel to play 12+ games each and show real promise and excitement for the future

Or...

McCartin and Roberton to make successful returns and Paddy to finally hit his straps and show the world why he was #1
Paddy would have more chance of playing if he had a leg amputated, so I’ll go with option 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back