Opinion Things to look forward to in Season 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

How did you manage to hack the phone of gringo2011 and access his personal photos?

In all honesty though, I'd consider getting a 2021/2022 version of that tattoo.

I think I will too.
And prior to the event as well as this lad to show my faith.

What would you prefer...

Max and Bytel to play 12+ games each and show real promise and excitement for the future

Or...

McCartin and Roberton to make successful returns and Paddy to finally hit his straps and show the world why he was #1
You’d have to say Robbo and Paddy, we have an an AA quality defender and the second coming of plugger.. plus you can still have the Bytel2King blossoming in Sandy every week.

I think the club must believe there is something psychological about our ability to snatch defeat from the hands of victory. The moving on of a lot of players and bringing in players from better systems smacks of trying to shake the mental demons out of the club. The level of change can be a blessing or a curse, plenty of sides have upset the balance by radical personal change. I can't think of any side that has made as many list changes as the saints have over such a short period.

Hopefully we rewrite history.

I think the club must believe there is something psychological about our ability to snatch defeat from the hands of victory. The moving on of a lot of players and bringing in players from better systems smacks of trying to shake the mental demons out of the club. The level of change can be a blessing or a curse, plenty of sides have upset the balance by radical personal change. I can't think of any side that has made as many list changes as the saints have over such a short period.

Hopefully we rewrite history.
Aprreciate the wisdom in your thoughts, GRINGO, but as they say in AA and NA sometimes, ya just gotta "Fake it til ya make it", which seems a contradiction in terms but there is a moment between glory and abject failure whererby you just dont know and faith affords you a belief an unfounded belief maybe...but nonetheless you push forward...."The Leap of Faith" often not founded on substance....certainly not on substances anyway...we are at that point...this club...what we have now...Its Indiana Jones Time for us and this "Band of Brothers" ...they leap or they fall....(Had to use my two fave GENERAL ADMISSION SHOWS.......by the way, I'm lovin two newish shows atm, called 'The BOYS' AND 'POWERS' . Anyway, Sometimes cliches are cliches because they possess the truth. Sometimes they're just s**t!.................And furthermore, we're not rewriting history we're making history......GO SAINTS!!!! SO SAY WE ALL!!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How’s going to Vietnam and Cambodia rate on that list.

Stay out of prison and you'll be fine. Have fun and stay off the dead snake in the spirits s**t.

Long time lurker and ages since I posted. With our growing membership (that will hopefully translate into much improved matchday attendance and atmosphere) it got me wondering about previous efforts to get our fans doing something uniquely StK at the game and the fact that it doesn't appear we have been overly successful. My wife, who is a Collingwood fan, gets a massive buzz from that stupid chant we all hate but Pies fans all love when they are on track for victory. Can we replicate that with something unique? In the vein of Queen and the recent Bohemian Rhapsody movie, I thought about using feet as well as hands, just like Brian May's thinking for the song We Will Rock You. Our club song talks about marching in as well. This may sound like a silly idea but what about something like the Viking clap where Saints fans start with a slow foot stamp and, slowly but surely, just like an army marching in rhythm, get faster and louder. There you go, my attempt at a bit of lateral thinking. Any thoughts?

I'd just be happy that if I ever have to use the crapper at Marvel Stadium again that the toilet seat isn't covered in piss like it usually is.

Oh and winning some games.
I'm no footy expert but imo winning is more fun than losing. :thumbsu:
Mate , you need to plan what you eat the day before going to Marvel so that you dont need to use the crapper , no curries the night before as you know the seat will always be covered in piss ;)

Long time lurker and ages since I posted. With our growing membership (that will hopefully translate into much improved matchday attendance and atmosphere) it got me wondering about previous efforts to get our fans doing something uniquely StK at the game and the fact that it doesn't appear we have been overly successful. My wife, who is a Collingwood fan, gets a massive buzz from that stupid chant we all hate but Pies fans all love when they are on track for victory. Can we replicate that with something unique? In the vein of Queen and the recent Bohemian Rhapsody movie, I thought about using feet as well as hands, just like Brian May's thinking for the song We Will Rock You. Our club song talks about marching in as well. This may sound like a silly idea but what about something like the Viking clap where Saints fans start with a slow foot stamp and, slowly but surely, just like an army marching in rhythm, get faster and louder. There you go, my attempt at a bit of lateral thinking. Any thoughts?

Send it to Lethers.

Mate , you need to plan what you eat the day before going to Marvel so that you dont need to use the crapper , no curries the night before as you know the seat will always be covered in piss ;)

And that's the ladies'....... 😯

5 things I'm most looking forward to (in no particular order):

1) Bradley Hill. Every track watcher has raved about how he has performed in match sim. I'm excited to see how that translates to the fast track at Marvel. And not just for him, but the flow on for his team mates.

2) Roma. To go from a 3rd or 4th string ruck at a club with probably the worst rucks in the league to being arguably the 3rd best ruckman in the entire comp inside one season is phenomenal. I'm looking forward to see how he backs that up, particularly with Ryder's support and mentoring. Will he develop further or have "post break out blues"?

3) Jake Carlisle. Was barely able to break out of a trot last year. I sense he's had a wake up call and seems fitter and hungrier than he has been for some time. A contract year as well. We might just see the best version of Snake in the RW&B than we have so far.

4) Hunter Clark. He finished off 2019 showing all the hallmarks of an upcoming massive jump. Can he step up and take a lead role in our emerging midfield? He has the skills, is he ready yet?

5) Winx. I'm not expecting amazing things, but I just can't wait to see him out there just to see how he moves. I remember seeing Rooie move as a kid and thinking he just had it. Hopefully Max can generate the same excitement.

Apologies to so many others. But these are my big 5.

1. Max King - Haven't been this hyped for a player since a young Roo. no pressure son.
2. Brad Hill - Best wingman in the game arguably with Gaff. Excited to see him roam the Marvel turf.
3. Hunter Clark - Backend of 2019 was exciting to watch, really gained confidence & heres hoping he can continue that form in 2020
4. Zac Jones - Love his physical nature & speed - really think he will add to our midfield group as he offers something different
5. Nick Coffield - Huge fan of the Coff, think he is all class. Really hope he can cement his position at half-back him and Roberton delivering the ball from d50:hearteyes:

1. Max King - Haven't been this hyped for a player since a young Roo. no pressure son.
2. Brad Hill - Best wingman in the game arguably with Gaff. Excited to see him roam the Marvel turf.
3. Hunter Clark - Backend of 2019 was exciting to watch, really gained confidence & heres hoping he can continue that form in 2020
4. Zac Jones - Love his physical nature & speed - really think he will add to our midfield group as he offers something different
5. Nick Coffield - Huge fan of the Coff, think he is all class. Really hope he can cement his position at half-back him and Roberton delivering the ball from d50:hearteyes:
Great post

Remove this Banner Ad

Back