Autopsy Things we learnt against Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Things I learnt after the Geelong game - I learnt this would be a very difficult exercise, completely different than when we were all doing it pre season - if all players were fit, what would our best 22 look like?

We almost all had Mills in there but he is an absolute lock now and on little exposure it may well also now contain Naismith, Papley, Hewett, Towers and ....... Aliir???? How does Reid fit in?

As for later this year, just hope Naismith can keep this up, his tap work was very impressive and in the NEAFL he gets around the ground stuff so I see Naismith main ruck and Tippo relief ruck/FF.

Good thoughts

Laidler does he get back?

Watching it recorded atm

Mitch clark u campaigner
Rampe is a *ing gun, soo composed
AAs reach is a real weapon
Rohan is *ing impressive with his continuous pressure
Hewett will be a key cog in this team
Loving kizzas game
Still need to lower our eyes further

Fox footy team can EAD...suck s**t u campaigners.

Reid would be a helpful marking option. I'd rather him than towers or rose (as much as I like him)

Things I learnt ...

We almost all had Mills in there but he is an absolute lock now and on little exposure it may well also now contain Naismith, Papley, Hewett, Towers and ....... Aliir???? How does Reid fit in?

Reid would be a helpful marking option. I'd rather him than towers or rose (as much as I like him)
I guess he'd replace Ted up forward (never thought I'd say that this decade!). But Ted's presence and organisational skills up forward was great. And is there a place for Ted in our backline?

I guess he'd replace Ted up forward (never thought I'd say that this decade!). But Ted's presence and organisational skills up forward was great. And is there a place for Ted in our backline?

Id rather pump the games into AA down back than put Ted there, although on GF day Ted would be my pick

Whilst vastly outnumbered, but admittedly with more to cheer about, thought our supporters made plenty of noise! 1990Swan any details you'd like to share? Anybody else who was there?

Whilst vastly outnumbered, but admittedly with more to cheer about, thought our supporters made plenty of noise! 1990Swan any details you'd like to share? Anybody else who was there?

There was a couple of groups of Swans fans that were making plenty of noise but I think it mainly stood out due to how quiet the Cats fans were, it's probably a lot to do with the age demographic of the majority of their season ticket holders but they are comfortable the least parochial crowd in the country.

There was a couple of groups of Swans fans that were making plenty of noise but I think it mainly stood out due to how quiet the Cats fans were, it's probably a lot to do with the age demographic of the majority of their season ticket holders but they are comfortable the least parochial crowd in the country.

Might have also had a bit to do with the fact that we scored the first 3 goals.

Where were you seated? I was Players Stand, up in the boon docks, but with the WAGS etc.

Might have also had a bit to do with the fact that we scored the first 3 goals.

Where were you seated? I was Players Stand, up in the boon docks, but with the WAGS etc.

I go to a few Geelong games as a neutral and they're easily one of the quietest crowds in general...if anything Friday night they probably made more noise than normal due to feeling hard done by RE the umpiring! I was sitting in the Gary Ablett terrace about 10 rows back from the front roughly...pretty close to where Bud kicked his goal from!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Casually rewatched the game this morning.
Papley has way more class and poise than he has any right to. Each possession was so effective
Aside from nearly sh*tting his pants a couple times on a fast break, towers was pretty good.
I really like Naismith, threw around his body more than sinclair

Casually rewatched the game this morning.
Papley has way more class and poise than he has any right to. Each possession was so effective
Aside from nearly sh*tting his pants a couple times on a fast break, towers was pretty good.
I really like Naismith, threw around his body more than sinclair

Agree with all of that, especially the bit about Naismith. And it's that that we really miss in Reid. The creation of turnovers, that reach and touch in a pack which takes the ball out of the pick up line of the opposition player. It's just so important.

Does Naismith have the worst haircut in swans history?

Not even close
21809.jpg

Papley 10 touches but 100% efficiency and 2 goals, every touch was damaging. The reserves highlights the week before he seemed to be involved in every goal and looked a class above.

Still pinching myself we picked him up in the rookie draft. Perfect fit for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back