Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
You too huh. Had to separate my 64 yo Father from thumping a Dawks supporter in the premiership Club in 2017. Good Times.

Seriously I turn into Mr Hyde everytime I attend a North v Hawthorn game. It’s the supporters. And this dates back 30 + years.

Funny thing is, apart from the odd one or two, I don’t necessarily hate their players. I respect their success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Seriously I turn into Mr Hyde everytime I attend a North v Hawthorn game. It’s the supporters. And this dates back 30 + years.

Funny thing is, apart from the odd one or two, I don’t necessarily hate their players. I respect their success.

They do get a few young smartarse types due to their surge in numbers over the last couple of decades. I wouldn't even call these types true supporters. They're in to gimmicks. How many multi generation Hawthorn supporters do you know? I could count the ones I have known in my life on one hand. I bared my teeth at a young loud mouth bloke in the 2018 game when we gave them a mighty touch up in the first half and he was losing the plot. Last year at Docklands a mate and I ended up sitting at a table with a few of them in their thirties and getting in a shout for jugs. They were balanced folks with a good grounded understanding of footy.

Perhaps we should ask one of them?

Abasi, are Hawthorn's contemporary membership numbers predominately based on a population of front running "Johnny come lately's"? What percentage would come from Hawthorn supporting families who were around in the 1970's? Five percent?

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orange Peanut

Still washing my mouth for my swearing at the LMac Cyril run down

Back