Things you can't do but others can

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not good at small talk either.

If talking doesn't serve a purpose, then there's no point doing it. However, I don't discriminate on what is deemed a 'purpose'. For example, the purpose of writing this is firstly; to answer the thread as a member of this online community, and secondly; because I find it interesting to read and compare our experiences regarding the topic of the thread.

In a face-to-face setting, if someone is talking about something that isn't of particular interest to me, I'll humour them by going along with it, because the purpose of it is social politeness.

I do have one exception ad sententia concerning 'purpose': I don't speak for the purpose of speaking. That can be difficult in certain social settings, especially when you're around people who just need to speak. Which in itself, can serve as a purpose to speak, on the grounds of social politeness. It's a vicious cycle.

Make my colts starting team.

Sewing on a button is the simple thing i can't do. Been taught like 15 times.

Changed my shower tap washer to stop a leak and felt like a hero.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everybody else has beaten me but clicking my fingers as well as small talk as mentioned. There used to be a girl at primary school that couldn't blink which i thought was interesting

+1 for Glad Wrap, just can't work that s**t out

something that seems to bother the person that used to be in my life is that I apparently can survive without them - suck it!!

Taking it as things that get used regularly it's -
1) Driving. s**t vision in right eye from birth, leaving crappy depth perception along with peripheral vision on that side made it an inadvisable choice. Also means I was / am s**t at any sport that requires catching / throwing.
2) Small talk. Doing a meeting where I'm all across what's to be discussed and no problem. Someone I don't know start a conversation on something I like or talking to someone I know has common interest(s), no problem. Random talk with someone I either don't know or who has no common interests, look like an awkward mute as everyone else chats away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back