Society & Culture Things you do/did that you probably think no one else does

the_interloper

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Because this happens so much to me, i make a point of checking the persons name before i hit send. Surely this is a common courtesy?

Its the equivalent of someone calling you by the wrong name face to face.
People are just lazy campaigners basically. I have a double letter in my surname and people always spell it with a single, no one ever checks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Xtreme

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I did this today to my manager who approved my annual leave :oops::think::straining:

It's just I've been really struggling at work for the better part of a month and REALLY need the time off ASAP. And was very relived to finally get it!

FRUMPY

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
People are just lazy campaigners basically. I have a double letter in my surname and people always spell it with a single, no one ever checks.
My dad's work had a wall in their lunch room with every letter sent to him that had his name spelt wrong - some were so far off the mark. Pretty funny (and not that hard of a name to spell either)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LAL-MMA-Victory-CFC-Seahawks
No reason at all really. Harmless at the end of the day.
You're touching someone else's property. Based of the stuff you complain about in the shits me thread id imagine you'd be writing quite an angry post on BF if it happened to you.

tryitout

Team Captain
AFL Club
Adelaide
No reason at all really. Harmless at the end of the day.
Until someone drives off without noticing, it starts raining and they go to flick on their windscreen wipers and it does nothing then you crash into a group of disabled schoolchildren walking on the footpath killing them instantly.

Top Bottom