Multiplat Things you do that no else does - the video game edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Blast music and play games without sound on.

I do this with car games (particularly the endurance races that take 90 minutes -2+ hours).

Other quirks....

I used to eat up cutscenes in games, these days I just skip them as soon as I'm able to. And watch them back later on.

Before Twitch/game streaming became a thing I used to record my gameplay on vhs tape (nes, commodore amigo, Sega mega drive etc) and watch them back.

In the mid 2000s (before the elgato device) I moved on to dvd-hdd recorders. Two of my most clever were 1) The Simpson's Game (recorded and edited it like it was a long episode of the show) and Call of Duty 2 - which was about an hour of me dying over and over again on Veteran.

In sports games (Madden and NBA titles especially). I'll start season modes with the aim of getting the highest stats possible (not even going for realism, but higher!!) and attempt to maintain the average(before inevitably dropping off).

I only play one game at a time. I played Witcher 3 for 8 weeks, then started on the next game. Helps me avoid playing all the games and finishing none.
Yeah, same here. I find it's better in keeping me immersed playing one game from start to finish. I remember the story and characters as well as what I what I was doing or up to a lot more than I would if I were flipping between 3 or so games. I play a lot of indie games that are around the 5-8 hour mark so it's easier to punch through them in 2-3 days before moving on.

Yeah, same here. I find it's better in keeping me immersed playing one game from start to finish. I remember the story and characters as well as what I what I was doing or up to a lot more than I would if I were flipping between 3 or so games. I play a lot of indie games that are around the 5-8 hour mark so it's easier to punch through them in 2-3 days before moving on.

Yep, I do this too. Love to just immerse myself in something completely (especially something like Witcher 3 or Elden Ring).

Stops my muscle memory getting all confused with the controls as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back