Things You Don't Give a s**t About

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
I thought there was a thread like this already (possibly called 'Things You Don't Like That Others Like', or something to that effect), but I can't seem to find it.

Anyway, what's something popular that you just don't care for? Something you're so indifferent towards, to the point that other people's comparative enthusiasm for it almost warrants a post in the 'Things That s**t Me' thread. If you're interested in apathy, post about it here.

For me, it's coffee. I drink coffee. Once a day, at most. In the morning, usually. At home. Instant. Scooped out of a jar. With hot water poured on it. No milk. It's fine. I've had all kinds of coffee. Had "good coffee". Made by baristas. No, not barristers. Yes, people who did three-year courses to learn how to make coffees, not become lawyers. I don't care about "good coffee". I don't need it to get through the day. I wake up and function perfectly fine without it. If I never had it again, it wouldn't matter to me. I just don't give a s**t about coffee and all the associated w**kery.

So, what don't you give a s**t about?

Last edited:

* reality tv that gets shoved down our throats almost 24-7. So much easier just to switch off from commercial radio / tv and ignore it all.

As someone who grew up in the '90s, when sitcoms, dramas and movies on television ruled the air, it's weird to see how little original/fictional programming is on TV now. Everything seems to be some sort of reality show or contest show or news show or panel discussion or variety program.

As someone who grew up in the '90s, when sitcoms, dramas and movies on television ruled the air, it's weird to see how little original/fictional programming is on TV now. Everything seems to be some sort of reality show or contest show or news show or panel discussion or variety program.

Yep and 90% of it is pandering to people with the IQ of a lemming. But what am I to know.... it all helps sell KFC and such.

There's plenty of original fictional programming on TV, and of a higher quality than the '90s, but it's mostly coming out of the US only. The reason is pretty straightforward, Foxtel sucked up a lot of the good shows and streaming bit into the ratings of otherwise popular shows (the number of big US shows that got a launch here only to slide later and later into the evening is testament to that). The only thing Oz networks can control is live sport and local content, and given how costly fictional programming is, they plump for reality instead. But that's also why these crap mini series like Brock and Hoges keep getting made; the first one was popular and it can't be streamed until after its aired.

That said, I also give not one s**t about reality TV and don't understand the office conversations. Also, another vote for cars, it's there to get me about, nothing more.

Fair enough.

plain]

:D

Yeah yeah i know i'm un-Australian :p

Alcohol
I drink a few times a year (if that) ie on special occasions. Never at home alone. Never on a regular basis. And even when I do - never to get drunk (I stop at a glass of wine/cocktail or one cider)
It helps that I don't like the taste of it much (with a couple of exceptions), and nor do I need it to be outgoing/have more fun

And yes, Valentine's day https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...e-eleventh-one.1142761/page-304#post-48732823

(Log in to remove this ad.)

been some great posts and i agree with most. my personal shite list-

politics- 2 sides of the same coin IMO, my life has not been affected in any meaningful way no matter which shite party has been in power.
games on phones/computers- have tried it and its popularity astounds me.
celebrity worship/reality television and MSM in general- probably my number 1, absolute tripe.
horse racing.
racing cars and bikes.
wine and 99% of beers-
i have a very occasional singular guinness.
boxing- used to love it back in the sugar ray/ali/frazier/hearns/hagler days but it has gone to shite.
coffee- never had one in my 57 years on this planet, good one HHH.
body building- the extreme versions.

For me, it's coffee. I drink coffee. Once a day, at most. In the morning, usually. At home. Instant. Scooped out of a jar. With hot water poured on it. No milk. It's fine. I've had all kinds of coffee. Had "good coffee". Made by baristas. No, not barristers. Yes, people who did three-year courses to learn how to make coffees, not become lawyers. I don't care about "good coffee". I don't need it to get through the day. I wake up and function perfectly fine without it. I never had it again, it wouldn't matter to me. I just don't give a s**t about coffee and all the associated w**kery.

Yes. Hate coffee w**kers.

Especially the people who "can't function" without it. Used to work with someone who thought that "I haven't had my coffee yet" was a perfectly legitimate reason to be an absolute bitchy campaigner to everyone in the workplace, as long as she added "I haven't had my coffee yet" at the end.

All of Valentines Day, Mothers Day and Fathers Day. Do not need a day to validate my love to parents and significant others by buying them presents and going out for lunch/dinner.

AFL Supercoach and Dream Team etc. Don't get me started on fans watching the footy who do this.

Game consoles. Like the idea of a FIFA session with mates bit just can't get in to it (probably because I'm s**t).
I have the opposite problem. I'd love a good game sesh but none of my mates are into it. Get so jealous at work when one of the younger blokes here says he and his mates spent all Friday night on a big FIFA tournament.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back