Review Things you learnt from Rnd 1?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Things I got from Rnd 1.
That the Jack & Tom show will offset the loss of Rance.Not their best games for obvious reasons.But once they gel look out.
Of the other games.In general most years there are upsets in Rnd 1.All sides were fumbly so you can't take to much notice.
Hats off to Brisbane.
Your kidding has to go too the Bombers.

Jack Graham and Jack Higgins look like they’ve gone up another level, which is great to see, but we all learnt that this weekend.

As for opposition, it was such a weird round that no one knows what was happening!

Last edited:

Carlton have a bunch of talent. But are no where near our level.

Tom and Jack could be a huge thing.

Jack Higgins and Graham (of course) are going to be good AFL players cause a heap of pain.

Balta has the potential to be a very useful player to us this year, whilst also not being fully ready for the AFL level.

The number of our players that aren't in form is fairly high. Watch out when the rust is gotten rid of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

learnt that, thanks to a few upsets we got 4 points and percentage ahead from our main scum rivals.... pies, dees, crows and weagles who ALL would have been eyeing off a top 2 spot.....makes it slightly harder for them now, and makes ours that fraction easier.

1) I learned that we have added a string to our game-plan bow. Our forward momentum be it kick forward handpass or knock on was even more pronounced than the past two years, and we move the ball faster and more direct than any other team (and I watched every game on the weekend). And we are REALLY quick.
2) Carlton are now a mid table team and will win almost as many as they lose unfortunately.
3) Bombers will fight it out for the wooden spoon between Saints and GCS.

- Lynch will be huge for us, give him a few weeks and he will be regularly kicking 5
- Jack Graham is ready to step up
- Jack Higgins is a genuine star
- Trent Cotchin is still unbelievably good, and is now underrated
- This year is wide open
- Balta will play a factor for us this year, may not play every game but will feature a lot and will be big for us
- JLT form cannot be ignored anymore now that it is only 2 games
- New rules are s**t, especially no runners

Looking like the runner restrictions are going to have the biggest effect of the new rules by a mile.
Players are blowing up (can't get off the ground for orderly rotations) and coaches can't quickly counter unforeseen tactical ploys being used by other side.
Would not be surprised if the rule is scrapped or heavily modified by mid season.

Looking like the runner restrictions are going to have the biggest effect of the new rules by a mile.
Players are blowing up (can't get off the ground for orderly rotations) and coaches can't quickly counter unforeseen tactical ploys being used by other side.
Would not be surprised if the rule is scrapped or heavily modified by mid season.

Players should know when to get off for a break. Dumb campaigners!!

What i learnt is we will learn all about our club over the next month without Rance. The real test for season 2019 is about to come.

Interesting piece on that by kingy suggested that Tigers were starting a winger on defensive side , was then bolting backwards and rotating with a teammate , bloos couldn’t work out what was going on , and no runner to help with the answer , suggests to me that some brilliant coaching moves or even player lead could really bamboozle young sides

Remove this Banner Ad

Back