Things You Were Wrong About

Remove this Banner Ad

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Still a long way to go I know but with a top place finish and home prelim we've certainly exceeded my expectations for this season by a mile.

1. I scoffed at organic growth
2. Thought we'd majorly regret not getting Gibbs
3. Thought Campo and Clarke were both duds - midfield is now purring
4. Didn't think M Crouch would ever be damaging enough with his disposal - he's ripping the comp to shreds at the moment
5. Didn't think Mackay would stand up in a big final
6. Thought Jake Kelly was depth only

I'm sure I'm not alone! Post yours here.

Moving the lounge closer to the TV.

Oh sorry you probably mean football things.
No!

Let's keep it broad.

I bought a 12 pack of Kirks Ginger Beer the other day because it was on special. Thought I'd see what it's like. It SUCKS and the fridge is now full of it. Maybe the plants will like it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still a long way to go I know but with a top place finish and home prelim we've certainly exceeded my expectations for this season by a mile.

4. Didn't think M Crouch would ever be damaging enough with his disposal - he's ripping the comp to shreds at the moment

I'll put my hand up for all of them except Matt, I thought he did his role very well even if he was only getting out handballs to our runners, having said that his leg is now very damaging.

I thought our midfield was very average, I was very wrong.
I thought Menzel should have been playing, ouch.

I was right about Thommo though ;)

No!

Let's keep it broad.

I bought a 12 pack of Kirks Ginger Beer the other day because it was on special. Thought I'd see what it's like. It SUCKS and the fridge is now full of it. Maybe the plants will like it...

I still have 3 bottles of a 4 pack left, 12 months on. :D

1. We'd finish around the 4-6 mark this year.
2. Jake Kelly was depth only.
3. Jake Lever would be a 10 year player.
4. Cameron would become a line-breaking midfielder.

3. Jake Lever would be a 10 year player.
Geez, how could I miss that one.

I thought he stay up until fairly late in the piece. Though he still may grow a brain and change his mind I guess.

I was there with you on items 3, 5 and 6.

Many things, though i think my frustration with the club's lack of success over the last couple of decades was deserved.

I didn't think Mackay could stand up in a final again for sure.

That said I don't know how much of it is being wrong, and how much it is the club was doing the wrong thing and has now learnt from their mistakes and are doing things differently. The key difference for me is resting players.

I was wrong about Pyke, I had written him off mid year, things like Thommo's selection and losing down at Geelong again, I thought he was a one trick pony. I was wrong.

Still, we haven't won the Prelim yet, the biggest test since 1998.

I also find it interesting that there is a fair bit of discourse centered around this being a 'weak' season, I may be wrong, but I don't think it is, I just think that there are some sections of the footy world that don't seem to like that the Crows are up and about.

7. Richmond.

Never thought they'd do anything.

I also find it interesting that there is a fair bit of discourse centered around this being a 'weak' season, I may be wrong, but I don't think it is, I just think that there are some sections of the footy world that don't seem to like that the Crows are up and about.
How often would you get a team as good as Sydney in 5th place? That's a strong field!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back