Things You Were Wrong About

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought we had intensity, I was wrong
We have intensity, so long as

• It's at AO
  • The other team doesn't bring intensity
Before the GF I actually thought to myself, in a moment of weakness, that even if we lose the GF I would be ok and proud.

I was just so confident that we would win, or go down swinging, and the possibility of an insipid performance did not even cross my mind.

I was wrong.

All week I tried imagining a variety of scenarios, including a thrashing, to make it easier if it happened in real life. It didn't much.

Played pretty alright last week...but back to the Mackay we know today.
Here we go again. Everyone was rubbish today infact plenty worse than him in a defence under constant barrage. Namely Lynch, Walker, Cameron, Otten but I don't think one player won their position. With the Hawthorn game last year the worst I've seen them play

Never thought Richmond would get one in the near future, let alone our club be the one to give it to them.

Still can't believe how little fight we gave.

For the record guys, I believe Dimma was playing mind games with you by pumping you up as the clear best team of the year all week.

You finished 2 points ahead of us in the H&A season. If our last point against GWS in Round 7/8 was 1cm away from being touched, we would've finished on top.

Richmond was 1cm from finishing on top of the ladder.

And yet, it felt like Adelaide were 100 times better over the course of the year.

I think we played our reputation to perfection and used it against you to make you super confident and therefore nervous and arguing against each other at half time when the match was closer than you believed it should be.

For the record guys, I believe Dimma was playing mind games with you by pumping you up as the clear best team of the year all week.

You finished 2 points ahead of us in the H&A season. If our last point against GWS in Round 7/8 was 1cm away from being touched, we would've finished on top.

Richmond was 1cm from finishing on top of the ladder.

And yet, it felt like Adelaide were 100 times better over the course of the year.

I think we played our reputation to perfection and used it against you to make you super confident and therefore nervous and arguing against each other at half time when the match was closer than you believed it should be.
Would you just * off !!!

I thought an embarrassing loss was guaranteed last night.
Thought Andy would be noticeably cooked along with Tex and Tarls.
I thought we’d hit the mental wall.
There’s still a long way to go.
I new playing fit youth would be good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still a long way to go I know but with a top place finish and home prelim we've certainly exceeded my expectations for this season by a mile.

1. I scoffed at organic growth
2. Thought we'd majorly regret not getting Gibbs
3. Thought Campo and Clarke were both duds - midfield is now purring
4. Didn't think M Crouch would ever be damaging enough with his disposal - he's ripping the comp to shreds at the moment
5. Didn't think Mackay would stand up in a big final
6. Thought Jake Kelly was depth only

I'm sure I'm not alone! Post yours here.

Don’t you love it when you thought you were wrong but turns out you were right.

I didn’t use to drink coffee. I was wrong to deprive myself for so many years. Likewise, I occasionally try to convince myself that I should probably give up alcohol. This too is a mistake.

As for being wrong about football, that’s just crazy talk. I am utterly infallible when it comes to such matters. Thus, if it had been up to me Lewis Johnston would have been retained on our list and Ben Jarman would have been taken in the draft proper. Excelsior!

I thought they would automatically check on McAsey’s loyalty and football ability before they drafted him.

I thought they would automatically check on McAsey’s loyalty and football ability before they drafted him.
They did both. Found he could play football quite well but probably didn't want to do it in Adelaide.

I thought Bock would be a dud and Jacob Schuback would be a gun.

I didn’t use to drink coffee. I was wrong to deprive myself for so many years. Likewise, I occasionally try to convince myself that I should probably give up alcohol. This too is a mistake.

As for being wrong about football, that’s just crazy talk. I am utterly infallible when it comes to such matters. Thus, if it had been up to me Lewis Johnston would have been retained on our list and Ben Jarman would have been taken in the draft proper. Excelsior!

Brett James would still be in the team for mine. He’s only 48, got plenty of good footy left

Remove this Banner Ad

Back