"Think Tank" - ABC

Remove this Banner Ad

I never said it was doing a good job, just that I thought that Pointless was their model ;)

I record it and start watching 30 ins later so I can fast forward through most of the crap. The main thing I like about Think Tank is that it includes Australian trivia, something I don't get from watching British trivia shows on Youtube

I'll be surprised if the Australian version that is rumoured to be replacing Family Feud will be any good though :(
It all comes down to who hosts the show, that's really the secret of success for the UK version. Both those blokes give the show just the right tone and humor.

Aussie pointless will be s**t. Will have Grant denyer hosting. He'd be fine hosting a kids game show, or a show ta4getting grandmas. That's it.

Pointless and British chaser are both good because of both the game style and the host. Our chaser is ruined by aok and I'm tipping pointless will be by gd.

Ps. I think I'm in the minority of those that actually like think tank, although I don't watch it all that often.

i find it entertaining, but it does revolve a lot around the think tankers not being trivia gods, and luck of the questions when it's down to two people. it's not a compliment to be a think-tanker, much of the show requires you to not know the answers.
every now and then you'll see the person who is clueless get a good ride in the last round, against a stronger player who streaked ahead points-wise but gets all the stinkers.

Watching tonight thinking I have just seen the dumbest human on the planet.

Question: The Labrador is a dog breed originating from which country?

Answer: Scandinavia.

Question: In sandwich making, what is added to a BLT to make a BLAT.

Answer 1: An A. (Not accepted)

Answer 2: A machine.

Take a bow Tahnie, and thanks for the laughs.

Watched it last night after a while - shut the gate who came up with that
Paul McDermott, in the first episode. The first contestants kept saying "lock it in", which is the Millionaire catch phrase. He came up with it spontaneously, to get them saying something different. It was dumb then, it's still dumb.

Watching tonight thinking I have just seen the dumbest human on the planet.

Question: The Labrador is a dog breed originating from which country?

Answer: Scandinavia.

Question: In sandwich making, what is added to a BLT to make a BLAT.

Answer 1: An A. (Not accepted)

Answer 2: A machine.

Take a bow Tahnie, and thanks for the laughs.

Also,

Q. In which state is Australia's largest federal seat by land area?

A. Canberra

Q. Funafuti is the capital city of which pacific island nation?

A. Africa

She was a while new level of stupid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have they started repeating episodes or have they just run out of questions and are now repeating them?

A few of the questions asked in today's episode seem familiar
They started showing repeats two weeks ago.
I like Think Tank and one of the main reasons is the host McDermott. I like the fact that he isn’t a standard Aussie host and is perhaps a little usual in his style and humour.

In a shock to nobody who watched it - the ABC did not renew this.

Your fault McDermott. Change the glasses, lose the beard, Lincon suits and terrible jokes.

Also,

Q. In which state is Australia's largest federal seat by land area?

A. Canberra

Q. Funafuti is the capital city of which pacific island nation?

A. Africa

She was a while new level of stupid.
Repeat of Tahnie episode - best quiz contestant ever

Repeat of Tahnie episode - best quiz contestant ever
Just chucked it on and caught the ending.

What is added to a blt to make it a blat?

An a.

Everyone laughs but then she says that's my answer and everyone starts to worry there's something really wrong up there.

Just chucked it on and caught the ending.

What is added to a blt to make it a blat?

An a.

Everyone laughs but then she says that's my answer and everyone starts to worry there's something really wrong up there.
Questions fell for dude in head to head. If only Tahnie could've stumbled her way to final & then completely ****ed up - would've been perfection.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back