Thinking of our mods in this difficult moment

Remove this Banner Ad

‘They were going to leave him naked in Chadstone’: Teen boy bashed, robbed at shopping centre

A Melbourne mother says she has lost faith in humanity after four people bashed and robbed her 15-year-old son at a Chadstone shopping centre food court.
Angela, who does not want to use her last name to protect the privacy of her child, said her son was punched in the head and kicked by a group who also stole his phone, broke his gold chain and tried to steal his clothes.

The boy has neck bruises from an assault at Chadstone shopping centre.
Police are investigating the assault.
“The first interaction was the girl approaching and saying, ‘Do you have a staring problem? Why are you staring at my boyfriend?’” Angela said.

“It caught [her son] off guard. So he’s talking to her and then suddenly, boom, he had two of them attacking him. The first guy threw a punch straight away. He hit the ground, they were kicking and stomping.

A teenage boy says he was set upon by a group at Chadstone and his phone was stolen.
“They’ve taken his phone. They tried to take his jumper, his T-shirt and his shoes from his body. They were going to leave him naked in Chadstone.”
Angela said two older men tried to separate her son from the assailants, and a woman called the police. Police called Angela at 4pm on Saturday, shortly after the assault, and she later took her son to hospital.
“I’m just grateful he didn’t get knocked out with the punches and the kicks that he copped. Disappointed with Chadstone, of course, and disappointed with general humanity at the moment.

“A 15-year-old kid, I know he’s tall, but you can see from his face that he’s a child, for God’s sake. My kid was not safe. He got jumped, he could have been really hurt.”
Police said they were investigating a robbery, affray and assault at a shopping centre on Dandenong Road in Malvern East on February 24.

The teen’s bruises after he was assaulted at a Chadstone Shopping Centre food court on February 24.
“It’s believed a 15-year-old male was approached by a group of three unknown males and a female in the food court at around 4pm and assaulted,” a spokesperson said.
“The offenders attempted to steal clothing from the victim before leaving the scene with his iPhone. The teenager did not require hospitalisation but was treated for non-life-threatening injuries.”

A spokesperson for Vicinity Centres, which owns Chadstone alongside billionaire John Gandel, confirmed the incident but declined to elaborate.
“We are assisting Victoria Police in relation to an incident at our centre on Saturday. The safety of our visitors, retailers, teams and the wider community is always our priority.”

Police last year said crime in the shopping area of Chadstone was among the lowest of all major shopping precincts in the state, with 60 criminal offences including five crimes against people in the year to March 2023.
The assault follows warnings from nearby schools about violence at Chadstone, which is Australia’s largest shopping centre, located 17 kilometres from Melbourne’s CBD.

Boys’ secondary school Salesian College Chadstone last year brought in the proactive policing unit after a series of incidents involving its students at the nearby shopping centre.
“The college works closely with police, relevant authorities and other schools to monitor the situation at Chadstone Shopping Centre. The centre is also well aware of its security responsibility,” principal Mark Ashmore wrote to families in September.
“However, I encourage parents and guardians to have an open conversation with your son regarding public safety, catching public transport, and walking to and from school.
“Our boys need to be aware of their surroundings and be alert and seek help if they feel unsafe.”

Glen Iris girls’ school Sacre Coeur warned parents last April about “a number of recent violent incidents” at the shopping centre.
“We acknowledge that a number of our students are often at Chadstone shopping centre both during the week and on weekends,” the school wrote.
“Can I encourage you all to have open, honest conversations about your daughter’s safety when they are out in public?”

We've decided to move all operations to the Southland Food Court. There's no scary teenage girls there.
I was at Chaddy last week... I can't believe you mods haven't been taking advantage of the new "all seasons playground" The Social Quarter - it makes the food court look positively passe.

I was at Chaddy last week... I can't believe you mods haven't been taking advantage of the new "all seasons playground" The Social Quarter - it makes the food court look positively passe.

For the record of BF lore, it wasn't North mods that met there originally.

It was a Hawthorn mod and a MB mod who met to discuss the alleged "trolling" of some "SweetLeftFoot" character who used to post here a lot.

A wise man, they say as handsome as he was erudite, had an odd gait becausae he needed to keep his member wrapped twice around a thigh.

I'm sure the majority of these incidents stem from obsessive compulsive customer rage brought on by Chadstone the shopping centre not being located in Chadstone the suburb

Jordanville South 4 lyf bruz

Why does this post bring up memories of a former US president using a sharpie to extend a map to suit his own agenda?

As a born and bred multi generational resident of North's heartland, who continues to reside within the hood, I'm going to need a full residential address from that poster before their claim can be verified.

Why does this post bring up memories of a former US president using a sharpie to extend a map to suit his own agenda?

Nahhhhh, Kensington/Flemington and Ascot Vale/Moonee Ponds are definitely part of our heritage, and they're considered 'inner-west' by many.

I appreciate your scepticism though! It's the right energy when you've got these FIFO mods swanning about!

Jordanville (shudder). I'd forgotten that was even a place. Distant memories of being beaten by 30 goals + every time we came up against them in junior football.

Jordanville Football Factory?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nahhhhh, Kensington/Flemington and Ascot Vale/Moonee Ponds are definitely part of our heritage, and they're considered 'inner-west' by many.

I appreciate your scepticism though! It's the right energy when you've got these FIFO mods swanning about!

Yes, these places most certainly are, but they are inner north west, not inner west.

Moonee Ponds is definitely contested territory - more Essendon supporters by number, but we very much have a cultural claim pn Puckle Street via Denis Pagan's legendary comments.

The second you go past the KFC on Mount Alexander Road though, its enemy territory.

Inner west is Footscray.

“They’ve taken his phone. They logged in to his North Big Footy account and started posting. That's when I knew something was wrong. They said the North Membership Department was doing an excellent job and that Curtis Taylor was best 22 but the thing that clinched it for me was they posted LMac was our best defender should be made sole Captain”
EFA

Last edited:
Yes, these places most certainly are, but they are inner north west, not inner west.

Look man, I don't make the rules. I said they're considered inner-west 'by many' because that's true.

For example, Domain (Australia's largest real estate website) considers them all 'inner-west' (see below). There is no such thing as 'inner-north-west' by their definitions. In fact, that sounds largely made up.

1709003984912.png

Jordanville (shudder). I'd forgotten that was even a place. Distant memories of being beaten by 30 goals + every time we came up against them in junior football.
Sounds like you should read, or listen to the podcast if you prefer, Saturday Afternoon Fever. A touching memoir of growing up a footy tragic in Glen Waverley (actually not sure about his GW bona fides; seems more like pinewood and syndal to me) in the 70s and 80s. The podcast where Matt Hardy rereads the book with Lawrence Mooney is vvg.

some "SweetLeftFoot" character who used to post here a lot.

A wise man, they say as handsome as he was erudite, had an odd gait becausae he needed to keep his member wrapped twice around a thigh.
Haha, I remember that campaigner.
I actually kind of liked him until I found out he owed Jamie Johnstone money and a shout. 👎

Other people may have different definitions, but for my money the 'inner north' is outlined in red, and the 'inner west' in blue:

1709004273540.png

For the record of BF lore, it wasn't North mods that met there originally.

It was a Hawthorn mod and a MB mod who met to discuss the alleged "trolling" of some "SweetLeftFoot" character who used to post here a lot.

I remember him. Little wheelchair fella.

Looks like Arden St. Oval is outside both circles???

Yeah North Melbourne is not inner north or inner west. It's just part of 'Melbourne' that defines the other areas being referred to.

Look man, I don't make the rules. I said they're considered inner-west 'by many' because that's true.

For example, Domain (Australia's largest real estate website) considers them all 'inner-west' (see below). There is no such thing as 'inner-north-west' by their definitions. In fact, that sounds largely made up.

View attachment 1914513

Hey, what do I know, I only grew up there, still live here and have five generations going back here.

How can that compare against the combined wisdom of an Adelaide blow in and a Sydney based real estate site.

Look, I found a random website saying Kensington is inner north west too.

And what's this, because I'm not talking out my arse, I even found an official reference!

Turns out none other than MEDICARE have an Inner North West Melbourne division.

Where is Tef when you need him ffs.

I strongly suspect you live in ESSENDON or FOOTSCRAY and are desperately using all this as cover lest your terrible secret emerge.

Other people may have different definitions, but for my money the 'inner north' is outlined in red, and the 'inner west' in blue:

View attachment 1914520

Only a true n00b in this city defines Preston as inner north lolololololol.

Courtney Barnett can jam it, Preston is the frigging bush.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back