Thinking of the players who won't make the team

Remove this Banner Ad

With the injuries we've had this season its no exaggeration to say many of them have been key to Freo making the grand final.

Exactly, with players such and Pav and Sandi out for most of the season some others have stepped up.

Really liked how Griffo dominated the ruck most weeks. Clancee and Ibbo played some really good footy till injuries ruined their season. Hannath was much needed in a few games etc...

After missing out on playing in my own GF this year through injury (which my team ended up winning by 1 point) I especially feel for Clancee and Ibbo, who would both probably be playing this weekend if their bodies hadn't let them down.

After missing out on playing in my own GF this year through injury (which my team ended up winning by 1 point) I especially feel for Clancee and Ibbo, who would both probably be playing this weekend if their bodies hadn't let them down.

did the same thing! Well prelim and we lost by 9, won B&F 2 yrs ago guys, my highlight of my career :) But dissapointing losing as you almost feel like if you had been there, even when the guy in your spot plays better than you could've. Hope we win so they dont feel like i did!

They will both play in the next five grand finals so I wouldn't worry too much

Griffin was tremendous in the opening rounds until he went down during the Collingwood match. Keps was also kicking goals before his injury. SCOS was game through the middle rounds even if he was played out of position - always hard at the contest and tried his heart out when he got the chance.

Ibbo was also tremendous - hard at the contest, great intercept mark - stiff to be injured so close to the GF. Clancee, ditto.

As for the youf that Ross does not play:
Hayden Crozier - stepped into Ballas' or Walters' shoes and did not look out of place doing it
Jack Hannath - rookie pick who stood tall during our talls crisis, game, and was composed during a few big moments (match saving mark on his debut vs Richmond, important goal vs Collingwood)
Matt Taberner - looks a real goer, played his role

Thank you all of the above for your part in getting the team to the finals - and the top 4.

feel for them all, but Ibbo and Clancee in particular. to have been put on the chopping block and then turned their careers around the way they did, contributing so much during the season, only to have their bodies let them down when you would least want it. must be gutting.

I just wanted to thank the whole squad for what they have done, and have a thought for the players who won't play on Saturday.
Guys like Kepler, Ibbo, Griff, Clanger, Mora & the youngsters. (they are all young compared to me)
Hang in there fellas & hopefully they get a chance to take us to glory in the future.

Fish Pub was a dead cert for Normy this weekend too :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crichton was a crucial part of this premiership tilt.

Putting pressure on the senior players to perform al lyear. Ibbo, Spurr and Duffield played out of their skin because they knew how good Jesse was if he broke into the 22.

He came in and did the job in the Rnd 23 Bye to once again assist our team through finals.

Ibbo for me was dealt a slow, cruel blow. To have such a great year and then be on the verge of getting back only to get "not quite right. One more week" all the way up to the prelim would have been gutting.

2014 will see him in incredible form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back