Fourth Test team

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing is that you can't pick Stoinis for the 2nd test.

It is whoever is in the squad.

Seriously how do some people get it. Also love Junior's response.
We've had one game without an all-rounder where the bowlers more than held up their end of the bargain and the "greatest captain we never had" wants to replace a batter with a bits and pieces all-rounder.

Because of swagger.

Dummies gonna dumb.

Firstly Pattinson is no chance he’s on a programme that limits his bowling. Aiming to be ready around the Ashes at the earliest.

My view is simple you pick the best three bowlers, variety is a small point and you have it anyway with Hazelwood’s height.

Fair Enough

I know its been said over and over again but the break for the Big Bash can not be at a worse time. For example, if Finch fails again in both innings in Perth, someone like Burns could have really pushed his case for the remainder of the series with a good score in a shield match starting this week.

But no. We'll come back to red ball cricket at the end of February.

Mind bogglingly stupid from a pure cricket perspective. However we all know that has not been Cricket Australia's first priority for a fair while now.

How bout we stop trying to chop and change and actually support the blokes picked for the first test. We have been through years of changing line ups without any real improvement.

Pick the best 6 bats, the best 4 bowlers and our best keeper and support them to do the job
Sure. But it’s only a spare parts team anyway until after summer, when Smith, Warner and perhaps Bancroft return.

Do we have any test series between Sri Lanka later this summer and the Ashes?
No. However the good news is that basically all the test players will be playing the second half of the Shield season due to the last international finishing on the 5th of Feb and Shield starting back on the 23rd.

How bout we stop trying to chop and change and actually support the blokes picked for the first test. We have been through years of changing line ups without any real improvement.

Pick the best 6 bats, the best 4 bowlers and our best keeper and support them to do the job
That would be all fine and well... if they had of done that for the first test to start with. However, unforuntately they selected Finch, who we now have to change the lineup for because he is useless

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't really understand why they're making Siddle travel round with the squad rather than Tremain.

I guess they want CT being match fit if needed for Boxing Day. Bowlers aren't changing.

The huge challenge facing Justin Langer’s men in the absence of Steve Smith and David Warner is laid bare by the fact Australia have surpassed 300 just once in their past 13 innings.

From news.com.au

Wow.

David Warner can * off for all I care...I do not want him him back anywhere near this side no matter how many runs he may be worth

David Warner can **** off for all I care...I do not want him him back anywhere near this side no matter how many runs he may be worth

Good luck with that one. We don’t have the luxury of not picking good batsmen especially when the alternative is Finch!

Good luck with that one. We don’t have the luxury of not picking good batsmen especially when the alternative is Finch!
Fingers so tightly crossed for Renshaw to remember which end of the bat to hold before the shield kicks off again. Another second half of the shield season from him facing the dukes averaging 75+ would be nice.

Fingers so tightly crossed for Renshaw to remember which end of the bat to hold before the shield kicks off again. Another second half of the shield season from him facing the dukes averaging 75+ would be nice.

Agreed I’d like Renshaw in the side

David Warner can **** off for all I care...I do not want him him back anywhere near this side no matter how many runs he may be worth

Pretty idiotic. He's the clear second best bat in Australia right now.

The huge challenge facing Justin Langer’s men in the absence of Steve Smith and David Warner is laid bare by the fact Australia have surpassed 300 just once in their past 13 innings.

From news.com.au

Wow.

Most worrying thing is our first innings batting when things are meant to be at their easiest.

The fight in dubai and the late runs last test by our tail flattered us but the first innings stats since our win in SA are damning.

last 6 tests we have scored 1290 runs at an average of just 215 in our first innings but we are giving up on average 365 runs in their first dig, giving up 365 per innings isn't great but it isn't so horrible that we should be out of games but our batting is so bad that any score over 250 by the opposition basically puts us out of the match.

Most worrying thing is our first innings batting when things are meant to be at their easiest.

The fight in dubai and the late runs last test by our tail flattered us but the first innings stats since our win in SA are damning.

last 6 tests we have scored 1290 runs at an average of just 215 in our first innings but we are giving up on average 365 runs in their first dig, giving up 365 per innings isn't great but it isn't so horrible that we should be out of games but our batting is so bad that any score over 250 by the opposition basically puts us out of the match.

4 of our top 7 don't even average 40 in FC cricket. That means these guys are just average first class cricketers who are now being asked to bat for Australia. Your FC doesn't generally go up in test cricket

4 of our top 7 don't even average 40 in FC cricket. That means these guys are just average first class cricketers who are now being asked to bat for Australia. Your FC doesn't generally go up in test cricket

Agreed. My general rule of thumb is whatever you average in FC Cricket you average 80% at test level

Remove this Banner Ad

Back