Thirds 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely... Obviously a vast improvement. You guys have a couple rippers going around. Handy big blokes. 22 in the middle is a raking left foot. Whole side had an real crack.

The comp is far better when more sides are competitive. Nobody likes giving or getting 30 goal floggings.
Played my third game for Moorabbin on the weekend (was very sub par haha), but was a good game, we only really kicked out in the third when kicking with the win.

You guys looked pretty good, couldn't believe how pro your ground is, best i've played on yet

Played my third game for Moorabbin on the weekend (was very sub par haha), but was a good game, we only really kicked out in the third when kicking with the win.

You guys looked pretty good, couldn't believe how pro your ground is, best i've played on yet

Oh no, we DID NOT look pretty good! hahahaha

Cheers about the ground... A fair bit of work has been put into over the last few years, new clubrooms & Scoreboard and our ground is in pretty good nick considering 4 teams play on it. Seeing different Grades grounds and facilities has been something I've really enjoyed since the 3's comp started. I've generally just seen 1st Div Clubs grounds since 2000, so it's been cool to have a change of scenery.

Oh no, we DID NOT look pretty good! hahahaha

Cheers about the ground... A fair bit of work has been put into over the last few years, new clubrooms & Scoreboard and our ground is in pretty good nick considering 4 teams play on it. Seeing different Grades grounds and facilities has been something I've really enjoyed since the 3's comp started. I've generally just seen 1st Div Clubs grounds since 2000, so it's been cool to have a change of scenery.
Haha I didn't think you looked bad, we just were switched on. Our ruckman gave us first use, which I think decided a lot
Yeah comparing it to other grounds is crazy. Play skye at carrum a few weeks back, strange to compare the two grounds

Looks like it's going to be a tight finals series with Chelt on an absolute charge!!! Knocking of Cerberus @home base is a ripper effort.

Looks like it's going to be a tight finals series with Chelt on an absolute charge!!! Knocking of Cerberus @home base is a ripper effort.

Where have Cheltenham come from???
We (Dandy) played them earlier in the season, and won easily, then we play them 3 weeks ago, and they were a completely different team.
Will push Skye, Cerberus and Sandown in the finals

Where have Cheltenham come from???
We (Dandy) played them earlier in the season, and won easily, then we play them 3 weeks ago, and they were a completely different team.
Will push Skye, Cerberus and Sandown in the finals

Must've picked up some players or filtered 1 or 2 down from the 2's... Coz really, they're not gonna win the 2's flag. They've certainly made it interesting. I think they've beaten everyone in the 5 in the last 9 weeks.

Can guarantee that no players have been filtered down from the 2s to the Thirds. In fact, the 2s have been taking most of the Thirds good players over recent weeks just to field a team (Last week we only had 16 on Thursday night), so its been a massive effort by the lads to have beaten the teams they have.

A lot of the players missed the start of the year due to cricket trips/other commitments and they have only been able to get their normal team on the past over the past month or so. Still have to win this week to ensure a finals berth.

All depends if Mt Waverley do what they did against Cerberus and stack their team, they can still make finals if they win this week and beat Dandy next week, and with Chelt playing Skye next week it is a possibility for them. Can't see though how stacking your team will help with finals, surely they cant play those guys for finals

All depends if Mt Waverley do what they did against Cerberus and stack their team, they can still make finals if they win this week and beat Dandy next week, and with Chelt playing Skye next week it is a possibility for them. Can't see though how stacking your team will help with finals, surely they cant play those guys for finals

It seems a lot of teams have been stacking there 3rds teams of late

We haven't! :D Hardly had a team to stack.

I've seriously never seen so many major(ish) injuries at a club as we've had this year. Been ridiculous.

Awwww look who's back.....

See what happens champ, when you're in 1st Div, with your 1's & 2's BOTH top 2-4 sides, you generally don't have players to stack your 3rds side with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CH haven't stacked their team once this year. The div 1 clubs treat the thirds for what it was meant for, a bunch of blokes who want to have a run. The div 3 clubs on the other hand (I don't want to name and shame any club, but those div 3 clubs in the top 6 of the thirds)

Just for the record - not that it matters since we can't make finals - but Moorabbin is not stacking their thirds. We have just had more "mates of mates" come on board as the season has gone on. We are certainly looking to push for the finals next year! Lost 2 games in the past 3 weeks with a goal kicked against us in the last 30secs of the game (Dandenong & Sandown) but its good to see that we have improved from the results earlier this season.

And for the record, there's not one side that we've played this year where i've thought, Geez, they're playing some suspect players....

And for the record, there's not one side that we've played this year where i've thought, Geez, they're playing some suspect players....
just to let all we have player that played in last year final and said thay had finished playing and found we had a thirds and came back to play thirds for the club moorabbin

Good to see a few moorabbin guys in here.

From what I see we haven't stacked at all, just we are actually getting the same blokes turning up each week now

Some interesting results from the weekend... Especially the Mount v Chelt one...

Interesting reading going through their player lists. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back