Society/Culture This is straight out child abuse ("transgender" child)

Remove this Banner Ad

Child abuse, could be a fair call.

What about telling kids that they are wrong, and don't have a choice?
In there teens for example?
What about teaching them from birth that it's a sin, and abhorrent, and that you cannot be loved if you are "abnormal", do you think that is also child abuse? Or just this situation?

I understand that, I have a trans older friend who is currently undergoing (non surgery) transition and there are mandatory waiting periods prior to any hormonal program as there are steps that need to be undertaken on the way.

There are quite significant emotional challenges that come with people transitioning and I question whether a child is fully equipped to meet those challenges.
An unnecessarily demanding and protracted process. One of the blokes I knew who went through this was nearly sent mad by it. The biggest difficulty was convincing a raft of people, from various disciplines, of his seriousness and commitment to the process and that he was mentally adroit enough to adjust to his new life and the actual surgery he had to undergo.

An unnecessarily demanding and protracted process. One of the blokes I knew who went through this was nearly sent mad by it. The biggest difficulty was convincing a raft of people, from various disciplines, of his seriousness and commitment to the process and that he was mentally adroit enough to adjust to his new life and the actual surgery he had to undergo.
How much did it cost them?

They can 'identify' as whatever they like but if the start pumping this kids with hormones the it's definitely child abuse.

Any prepubescent hormone treatment for gender dysphoria is straight up child abuse.
Transgender children are not given hormone replacement therapy. Some are given totally reversible hormone blockers which temporarily delay the onset of puberty until the child is at an appropriate age to make an informed decision.

Gender reassignment surgery is not performed on children.

If any you have children or grandchildren about four or five ask them if they are a girl or boy I think you will be surprised that so many are very confident in what gender they are.

I am a post operative woman from a transgender background and I knew what gender I was at four years of age and it never changed. I have never been happier or more confident in my life since undergoing gender reassigned surgery 10 years ago.

Transgender children are not given hormone replacement therapy. Some are given totally reversible hormone blockers which temporarily delay the onset of puberty until the child is at an appropriate age to make an informed decision.

If any you have children or grandchildren about four or five ask them if they are a girl or boy I think you will be surprised that so many are very confident in what gender they are.

I am a post operative woman from a transgender background and I knew what gender I was at four years of age and it never changed. I have never been happier or more confident in my life since undergoing gender reassigned surgery 10 years ago.
Wonderful honesty and lovely to hear the truth from someone who represents the actual base of what's being discussed.
I recently met a transgender woman recently who'd had all the hormone treatment and had decided to have the surgery and fully transition.
She said the psyche testing was brutal and much of it completely unnecessary and demeaning.
She had a new bloke in her life and a new job after struggling to find a job as a panel beater (her trade) for many years,looking and sounding like she still did.
It's still very confronting,even for someone whom considers themselves fairly open-minded and liberal.
The fact that she was cool to discuss it so openly and me being curious helped.
Good on you for your post kirsti.

Wonderful honesty and lovely to hear the truth from someone who represents the actual base of what's being discussed.
I recently met a transgender woman recently who'd had all the hormone treatment and had decided to have the surgery and fully transition.
She said the psyche testing was brutal and much of it completely unnecessary and demeaning.
She had a new bloke in her life and a new job after struggling to find a job as a panel beater (her trade) for many years,looking and sounding like she still did.
It's still very confronting,even for someone whom considers themselves fairly open-minded and liberal.
The fact that she was cool to discuss it so openly and me being curious helped.
Good on you for your post kirsti.
Thankyou for your comments

Gender reassignment surgery (GRS) is a massive decision to make, at the time of my surgery I was a serving Superintendent of corrections and I had a very stable relationship. I also had to undergo intensive and very intrusive psych sessions and testing in addition to living a minimum of 12 months in my new gender role as a real life experiences. I lived as a woman for over 6 years prior to having GRS. Although these assessments were very emotional and difficult I feel they were absolutely necessary to ensure I could make the most informed decision for myself.

When I went through puberty it nearly killed me the physical changes were devastating for me if I had been administered reversible hormone blockers as a child I would have not had to undergo so many expensive and painful operations to help me turn back the clock on what mother nature did to my body through puberty.

Having hormone blockers as a child would have probably saved me from being attacked and raped by eight men because I was identified as a transgender woman or atleast given me the chance to live a life in stealth.

Last edited:
How is this even legal?

NSW child, 4, identifies as transgender as data reveals growing referrals for gender dysphoria

https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/325...ds-of-kids-seeking-gender-reassignment/#page1

No.

A 4 year old child does not have the intellectual capacity to even grasp the concept. 41% of transgender people attempt suicide at one point in their life. According to John Hopkins University roughly 80% of children who exhibit transgender behaviors just snap out of it over time.

This has been pushed by the parents. The parents have doomed this child to a lifetime of questioning themselves, ruined any chance the child will ever have of reproducing and massively increased their odds of suicide. And for what? To prove how tolerant and progressive they are?

The media have lost their collective minds in promoting this crap. Obviously being considerate to people who suffer from gender dysphoria is something that should be encouraged, but encouraging children into that life should be considered child abuse. There is no excuse for this.
I have never met a transgender person that changed their mind about what gender they are from a very early age as I have never met a male or female that likewise changes their mind.

I have no doubt that I was born the way I was just like everyone else in society but everyone else thinks I am different.

What about telling kids that they are wrong, and don't have a choice?
In there teens for example?
What about teaching them from birth that it's a sin, and abhorrent, and that you cannot be loved if you are "abnormal", do you think that is also child abuse? Or just this situation?

I wonder if this might have something to do with the suicide stats?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thankyou for your comments

Gender reassignment surgery (GRS) is a massive decision to make, at the time of my surgery I was a serving Superintendent of corrections and I had a very stable relationship. I also had to undergo intensive and very intrusive psych sessions and testing in addition to living a minimum of 12 months in my new gender role as a real life experiences. I lived as a woman for over 6 years prior to having GRS. Although these assessments were very emotional and difficult I feel they were absolutely necessary to ensure I could make the most informed decision for myself.

When I went through puberty it nearly killed me the physical changes were devastating for me if I had been administered reversible hormone blockers as a child I would have not had to undergo so many expensive and painful operations to help me turn back the clock on what mother nature did to my body through puberty.

Having hormone blockers as a child would have probably saved me from being attacked and raped by eight men because I was identified as a transgender woman or atleast given me the chance to live a life in stealth.
Omg were you able to bring charges against any of those animals?

I wonder if this might have something to do with the suicide stats?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'd say yes. And I'm sure there are studies supporting that.

What I don't understand, is the line some homophobes take, that being a homosexual increases your chance of suicide...
Being told that there is something wrong with you, and that you should be the way you are... no matter how hard you try to be 'normal'... is what leads to increased levels of suicide... no simply being a homosexual.

What I don't understand, is the line some homophobes take, that being a homosexual increases your chance of suicide...
Being told that there is something wrong with you, and that you should be the way you are... no matter how hard you try to be 'normal'... is what leads to increased levels of suicide... no simply being a homosexual.

We're not talking about homosexuals.

Transgender =/= homosexual, despite them both being lumped in the same category (LGBT)

The T in GLBTI does not relate to a sexual orientation as a transgender woman I often think that being bracketed with GLB does more harm than good for the trans movement it defiantly causes alot of confusion.

I often get asked if I have always felt gay and most people I meet are surprised to find out that I am and have always been attracted to women.

Omg were you able to bring charges against any of those animals?
Not as yet but I have forgiven them because hating them for what they did to me was killing me. Focussing on myself and not the men that attacked me has aided in my recovery. I want to learn from my ordeals and hopefully educate others to hopefully make life easier in the future for transgender children.

The T in GLBTI does not relate to a sexual orientation as a transgender woman I often think that being bracketed with GLB does more harm than good for the trans movement it defiantly causes alot of confusion.

I often get asked if I have always felt gay and most people I meet are surprised to find out that I am and have always been attracted to women.
Having your entire existence reduced to an ever-expanding, incomprehensible to most acronym seems counter-productive to me, and indicative of an obsession with categorisation. Weird.

Well said, thank you.

Yes, they are not drunk and asking for a tattoo, are they?

Anyone volunteering for such a change should only have to prove a basic level of sanity and sobriety, that's it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back